1. had windows repaired but at great expense (3 reports)
  2. rigged windows to stay up...too expensive to repair (3 reports)
2000 Buick Century windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick Century:

2000 Buick Century Owner Comments

Jan 012012

I can not believe all four windows have failed. I'm guessing this problem exists more than is reported. There needs to be a recall of this, but we all know that will never happen... :0/

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Dec 012007

My parents are elderly and when they purchased this car new, they thought it would last them. It has been nothing but trouble. Even though it has been gently used, all 4 windows have been broken for years and so has the AC. We just got a quote to repair the windows...and it's over $900.00!!! Ridiculous that all 4 windows would go! If my dad was younger, he would've tried to repair this this himself. He retired from GM in the 80's and he's always been dedicated to their products. Shame on GM for selling him this piece of crap after his many years of dedication.

- , Snellville, GA, USA

Sep 012011

Century S

3 windows don't work . need a factory recall. this will be my last buick if they don't own up to the problem!

- , New Bern, NC, USA

Apr 072010

How could four power windows go out within two months of each other. I have a 1988 Nissan that would be (24 years old) with power windows, No problem. Is this another sign of GM crap gone wild. I will not buy another Buick. I read several online reviews about the exact same problem. I have 3 windows down and one to go. I'm sure it's going to go too. I've already have my wedges in the car so when it does go I can have all four windows wedgedd unusable. Yea for Buick!!!

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 302008

This is the third window to fail. The first was the drivers window and was covered under the original warranty. The next to fail was the left rear and now the right rear. This car is owned by an 83 year old who never lowers the windows. She had the second failure repaired by the dealer at a cost of $600. This lack of durability and product quality is unacceptable!!

- , Indian Head, MD, USA

Jan 272008

Century 3.2L V6

I have read and heard of too many instances of the power windows breaking down. I really hated to read that others had the same problem. Get it right Buick, you've been around too long.

- , Merritt Island, FL, USA

Jul 232007

This is the THIRD 2000 Buick Century I have heard of (without seeking out the information) where power windows continue to fail. All 4 windows on my dad's car have now failed and one has already been repaired once!! My mother-in-law had 2 windows fail before she sold the car last year. These cars have low mileage and the windows have not been used much.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM, BUICK, and why don't you own up to it??!

- , Boca Raton, FL, USA