NHTSA — Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields Problems

8.0

2001 Buick Century body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick Century:

2001 Buick Century Owner Comments

May 142008

Century 6-cyl

Second owner of my Buick 2001 purchased from the original owner with 5,000 miles in 2008. The second year I noticed when ever it rained there was water on the floor on the passenger side. I still own the car and over the years have just had regular maintenance done. The water on the passenger side has gotten worse and every time it rains I have to take towels and dry up about 1 inch of water from the carpet. I am retired now and hesitate to take the car to a mechanic as I have found most will take financial advantage of a female. Just wondered if any other owners have had this problem or if there have been any recalls. Eventually, I will have a mechanic look at it and get an estimate for repair as soon as I can because I am tired of mopping up water every time it rains. I also wonder what it is doing to the metal under the carpet. The original owner was an older woman who rarely drove the car. I purchased from her son at her death it still had the new car smell so I am pretty sure she bought the car new and this problem was inherent in the design.

- Stafford, VA, USA