2002 Buick Century electrical NHTSA complaints: Electrical System

NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

3.7

2002 Buick Century electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Century:

2002 Buick Century Owner Comments

Jan 122004

Century

Most of the complaints on the Buick Century 2002, my car has them: 1. windows not working, only passengers' up to now 2. hard upshifts on transmission 3. mileage on the digital odometer won't show 4. volume on steering wheel never corrected so, what's being done about it?

- El Paso , TX, USA

Apr 072003

Century 6-cyl

I have three lights coming on {check engine soon}{anti lock &trac off} this has been going on for over two years and several trips to the garage is not getting it repaired. I am told when these lights are on I lose antilock breaks and traction control. ] ]

- Industry, ME, USA

Apr 032003

Century 6-cyl

Each time I exit my 2002 Buick Century I get shocked. It has increased in intensity, and I sometimes get shocked twice. I took my vehicle in to have the local dealership look it over, as well as check to see if any of the recalls on the vehicle had been taken care of, as it was a program car. I was assured that none of the numerous recalls on the 2002 Buick Century applied to my care. I was also told that there is nothing they can do about my being shocked when I exit the vehicle after driving it. This concerns me a great deal, as I have read about people fueling their vehicles who cause cumbustion when the static electricity is discharged.

- Manzanola, CO, USA