2. we wired the windows shut (1 reports)
2002 Buick Century windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Century:

2002 Buick Century Owner Comments

Sep 212012

Century Custom V6

We have replaced the regulator in ALL FOUR windows of this car. Now the rear drivers' side and front passenger windows are broken (as in, stuck OPEN). I refused to have this fixed again, so we have blocked them shut with wood and duct tape. We have spent too much money fixing these windows - to have them break AGAIN. How can this not be a safety issue if you cannot open the driver's window? Can't go through the drive through, can't open the window if you get pulled over by the police. Ever try to open the door when you're pulled over? Cops don't like that - it is a perceived threat.

- , Round Rock, TX, USA

Mar 212010

Century 3.1L V6

My electric windows began breaking down just as the warranty expired (2005). I'm down to one working window (my front passenger window). GM Goodwrench quote to fix each window: $500.00. The culprit is a tiny PLASTIC piece in the pulley system which degraded over time and broke sending the window plunging into the door assembly. My husband wired the windows shut and since I'm not intending to keep this car, we will not fix the windows beyond that. It's such a shame to hear that this is common problem. Who thought to make these parts out of plastic anyway? I'm buying a Japanese-made car this summer. See my comments under "engine complaints". My manifold intake gasket has to be replaced again after replacing it only 3.5 years ago....

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA