7.6

2014 Buick Encore electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Buick Encore:

2014 Buick Encore Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Encore

We had our 2014 Buick Encore 8 months and it ran great until it sat idle for 10 days. Then, it failed to start. The battery was dead. We charged the battery and took the vehicle to the dealership who reported nothing wrong. They advised if it happened again to have the vehicle towed in. After sitting idle for about 12 days the end of June, same problem. Vehicle failed to start and was towed to the dealership (by our aaa coverage) who again reported no problems. GM authorized the dealership to release the vehicle to us without fixing the problem. Upon our suggestion that even though the battery tested okay it might be faulty, the dealership agreed to put in a used battery from another 2014 Encore as GM would not authorize a new battery. After letting the vehicle sit for about 11 days with the used battery, it started just fine. Neither GM nor the dealership will acknowledge any problem existed with the previous battery. I was without a vehicle for about a month with no loaner. GM has been less than helpful and, at one point, the dealership told us, . "we can't fix what we can't find."

- Marcola, OR, USA

Mar 022015

Encore

After owning my 2014 Buick Encore for only 64 days I went to start the vehicle and the car would not start. I had the car jumped and drove it to the dealer who tested the battery and the battery failed, so the dealer installed a new battery. Today, which is mother's day I went to start the vehicle and the battery is completely dead and no lights or anything would light up. So after having a new battery in my Buick Encore for only 69 days I am left with another trip to the dealer to sort out some problem in the electrical system to find out what is draining the life out of this new battery. So, after owning the car since Dec. 28, 2014, less than 5 months I am disappointed in owning this new car and have little joy in driving it.

- Mount Dora, FL, USA

Mar 082014

Encore 4-cyl

Rear view camera system: When backing out of my garage during light hours the display is useless. The light sensor takes from one minute to fifteen minutes before the display goes bright. Since my driveway crosses a sidewalk the display is useless in that situation and a safety hazzard. The dealer advised me there was nothing they could do about it. The light sensor is mounted on top of the dashboard, so it has a clear view of light conditions.

- Sun City West, AZ, USA

Jun 122014

Encore 4-cyl

Instrument panel lighting in bright daylight, while wearing sunglasses, is insufficient. In order to read the speedometer either on the analog dial or on the small digital display while driving, requires the removal of the sunglasses, take your eyes off the road, and peer into the panel in order to read the speedometer. The gas and temperature gauges are not visible at all. Adjusting the intensity switch has no effect during daylight hours. This issue has been reported to the local Buick service department as well as Buick headquarters. They said they will inform the engineering department of this problem. This lighting issue was verified on other new Encore's in the dealers lot.

- Lewes, DE, USA