9.9

2015 Buick Encore brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Buick Encore:

2015 Buick Encore Owner Comments

Nov 272015

Encore

Squeaking and scraping and reduced performance of rear brakes. Dealer tried a fix with identical parts to the original ones but the problem continues. They tell me that GM has not found a fix but is aware of the problem and that they have tried the same fix on three other vehicles that GM previously attempted as a fix. Gee, it's only brakes. What could go wrong? I bought the vehicle on October 26, 2015. It went in for the service of replacing rear rotors and pads on December 29, 2015 with 2,187 miles. There was absolutely no improvement at all. The service mgr. Said that I would be notified by mail when a fix is available when I called on January 18, 2016.

- West Frankfort, IL, USA

Sep 012015

Encore

When we purchased this auto we were told the brakes would make a noise but that it was not a problem. We were not told that they would grab strongly enough to throw the driver forward at the slightest touch. The problem initially occurred each time the vehicle was first started but now happens more frequently and is much more severe. Is very dangerous when there is moisture in the air or when the weather is cooler. I feel that it is a definite safety hazard.

- Knoxville, IA, USA

Oct 132015

Encore

1. while stopped on an incline, even a small incline, the vehicle rolls backwards 6-12" when moving foot from brake to accelerator (the vehicle has automatic transmission). We have come close to hitting two vehicles behind us when stopped at a stop light and the vehicle slid backwards. 2. because of design, there are columns reducing visibility through an already small rear window. The provided rear view camera has almost no resolution and under most normal lighting conditions is totally useless, . the result is there is no way to see what is behind you when backing up or backing out of a driveway. 3. we complained to the dealer and then to GM and were told that "all other Encores were the same therefore there is nothing they can do."

- Arlington Heights, IL, USA

Jun 022014

Encore

Almost every day the 1 St & 2 nd time the brakes are applied there is a grinding noise & it feels like the brakes are grabbing. On my car it seems to be coming from the drivers side.my car parks in the garage. 1 St time dealer said there was a bit of rust on the calipers they cleaned them up..next morning same thing..2 nd time back to dealer they said it's probably condensation & it's always going to be that way..my response was that's unacceptable & I will continue to bring my car back till its fixed.they later told me there was a service bulletin for this prob..GM is monitoring & working on the fix.

- Orchard Park, NY, USA

Mar 262015

Encore

New Buick 2015 Encore 1. appying brakes when backing out of garage creates a shrill squeal. 2. when slowing for the stop sign at the end of the street, applying brakes makes a moaning sound and slight vibration. 3. when I apply brakes to slow down at about 5 mph such as stopping at an intersection, the brakes 'grab' rather than slowing smoothly. All problems happen in the morning after the car has set overnight, and they usually go away after driving enough to use the brakes a number of times. Last week I drove in a hard rain for 20-30 minutes getting home. Parked car overnight. Brake worked without the above problems for the next two days, then started again. Dealer says they (GM) are aware of the problem on some 2015 Encores and are "working on it" but it is safe, and might be a few months before a fix.

- Spring, TX, USA