NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2005 Buick LaCrosse (Page 3 of 3)

2005 Buick LaCrosse electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Buick LaCrosse:

2005 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jul 072014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). The contact waited for two months for the recall repair because the part was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fort Plain, NY, USA

Aug 012014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The dealer was unable to provide a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Inverness , FL, USA

Sep 012014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

2005 Buick Lacrosse. Consumer writes in regards to ignition recall parts issue. The consumer was informed the parts were not available. Recall # 14V355000.

- Irving, TX, USA

Aug 152014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system ) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Palm Desert, CA, USA

Aug 182014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part that was needed to remedy the recall was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Sep 052013

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact received the notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Compton, CA, USA

Aug 212014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was unaware of when the part would become available. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Canby, OR, USA

Jun 052009

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated while driving at various speeds, the vehicle would decelerate or accelerate independently without warning. The contact mentioned that the instrument panel malfunctioned and failed to display the correct readings for the speedometer and fuel gauge. In addition, the sun roof was leaking, the rear passenger door would not open and the air conditioner was continuously on although the control was turned to the off position. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician stated that the instrument panel needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the problem recurred. The vehicle was not inspected for the door or the air conditioner unit failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the approximately failure mileage was 30,000.

- Rupert, ID, USA

Aug 192014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V355000 (electrical system); however, the parts were not available to repair the vehicle. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would be available. The manufacturer was notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- St.Louis, MO, USA

Dec 112012

LaCrosse 6-cyl

My daughter has a 2005 Buick Lacrosse that the electrical system shuts off different items that can be dangerous at night. The headlights (dims) will shut off, the radio will turn off or the lights for it will dim or shut off, the dash lights dim or turn off completely, then take quite a while to come back on. Sometimes it affects only different parts of those listed above. The issue is we have had it into a repair shop at least twice for it and they have replace some parts they thought could cause it, but it hasn't stopped it from happening. It is only noticeable in the evenings when the lights are needed but it happens at any time but when you want to duplicate the problem. No one seems to know what the problem is because when we get it to the shop, the problems are no longer showing up. It has done this for her at least 6 times.

- Mason City, IA, USA

Jun 212014

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that the low beam headlights failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that number: 35 fuse melted into the fuse box, which needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Pittsburg, PA, USA

Feb 122012

LaCrosse 6-cyl

I was driving out interstate taking my daughter and grandkids home it was dark and all the sudden my headlights went off, had to try and get pulled over to shoulder I was scared I would wreck because I could not see where I was going, got pulled over and after turning car off and on several times finally after about 30 mins or so my headlights came back on. I never know when this is vgoing to happen and it frightens me to think I could have a serious accident with my 8yr old child in the car with me. The dealer I purchased from will not work with me to get this properly fixed.

- Waynesville, MO, USA

Mar 012008

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Low beams intermittently fail at night, then self-restore within a few minutes. High beams work. Already changed the signal arm switch, the headlamp in-dash switch, the relay in the fusebox, both headlamp assemblies. Homestead Chevrolet/Cadillac dealer and various "smart" mechanic shops seem to be outwitted by this one.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Oct 302010

LaCrosse

My wife and I were driving our new (to us) 2005 Buick Lacrosse with the rear window defroster on in sanford, nc. It was on for approximately 10 minutes. The rear window exploded into the vehicle while we were driving with what appeared to be an 8 inch hole in the middle. We bought the car approximately 3 weeks ago used with a 30 day warranty from steve jones Honda in aberdeen nc. We haven't even made the first payment and we still have a temporary tag on the vehicle. The dealership refused to assist in any way with the vehicle repair and now we have spent over $300 on a new rear window for our new car. The wires in the defroster were observed to be a different color in the center of the window - dark orange / red. This incident was very frightening and appeared to simply be a result of a malfunctioning rear window defroster. We had the shop not hook up the defroster to the new window to avoid another of these incidents. We could find no recall information for this issue with this vehicle. Though we did find one other incident online of the exact thing occurring to a mother who had their infant child in the back of their 2006 Lacrosse when this occurred.

- Sanford, NC, USA

Sep 142010

LaCrosse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Buick Lacrosse. The driver was driving 25 mph when other drivers began to flash their lights at her. The vehicle was pulled over and the driver noticed the headlights were not working. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed the relay within the electrical system failed. The vehicle was repaired. The failure has not recurred. The failure mileage was 107,450 and the current mileage was 107,650. Updated 01/06/11

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Mar 212010

LaCrosse

Traveling on interstate 57 during daytime hours. While cruising at 73 miles per hour in the right hand lane, the vehicle sputtered and lost all power. I coasted to a stop off the side of the road. I restarted the vehicle and everything seemed ok, so I continued on. A little later it sputtered again and started losing power. The power came back before it came to a complete stop. I called on star for a diagnostic check and they told me I had a fuel system problem and that if the car would run to continue that it was not a safety issue. They told me to take it to a dealer for repairs when I got home. I took the car worden-marten service center for repairs on March 23rd. To repair the car they: 1.replaced cat converter and oxygen sensor 125cgmpp- $750.47 a second incident occurred while traveling on interstate 57 during daytime hours. I was passing a semi tractor trailer with three cars following me while cruising at 73 miles per hour when the vehicle sputtered and lost all power putting me in a very dangerous situation. The vehicle coasted down to about 60 miles per hour before it kicked back in. I in the mean time had dropped back behind the semi with the three cars behind me and when I could I pulled back into the right hand lane. This was a very dangerous situation for me and my wife. I called on star for a diagnostic check and they told me that everything was ok. I took the car worden-marten service center for repairs again on April 19th to repair the car they: 1.replaced mass -air flow unit and sensor $ $131.39 who knows if it is fixed right this time? this was a very dangerous situation to be in for the car to fail.

- Rantoul, IL, USA

Sep 012007

LaCrosse 6-cyl

2005 Buick Lacrosse with defective brakes under recall. Customer stated that her vehicle had defective brakes and the pedal was pressed the brakes would not be applied. She was told two weeks before repairs could be made. The consumer also stated the lights on the driver's information center were dim most of the time and sometimes disappeared altogether. The dealer informed the consumer it was a normal occurrence for interior illumination to dim/brighten due to voltage demand and/or ambient light conditions. The consumer believed there was a short circuit in the electrical system, a problem with a computer chip or the battery voltage. The power steering pressure hose leaked due to poor manufacturing.

- Helotes, TX, USA

Feb 162007

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Upon entering the highway and approaching the 55 mph speed limit the car seemed to stall. The engine acted like it lost all power. Letting up on the gas pedal caused the engine to regain power until the gas pedal was pressed again. I did this numerous times until the car finally died and I had to pull off the road. After the long line of cars passed by I got the car started and kept it in first gear until I was more sure it could keep running. It behaved normally after that. When I got home my wife confided it happened to her once too.

- Marseilles, IL, USA