2005 Buick LaCrosse miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Buick LaCrosse:

2005 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Jul 282016

LaCrosse

My car shuts down while driving. My dash will display "service traction control system, reduced power, starting disable" I must pull off the road; car shuts down, now it has trouble restarting after this occurs. My computer doesn't retain the codes for this issue. My dealer mechanic & personal mechanic cannot find the problem. Have spent $1000 within the past 2 months on this. Still not fixed. Dangerous to drive this car. Occurs intermittently; no pattern. I am paying for a car I cannot drive. Very upsetting. Please help.

- Holgate, OH, USA

Oct 212014

LaCrosse

The vehicle was being driven at night when suddenly the headlights went out causing the driver to leave the road as he was going thru a turn at the time. Luckily no one was injured and the car only suffered minor damage. It had to be pulled out of the ditch. After the car was driven home less than a mile away, I opened the hood and saw that the fuse box had caught on fire and a portion melted. This also damaged the wiring connected to the fuse box. I am not sure what other components have failed as a result because the vehicle has not been operable since. I am currently trying to get the vehicle repaired and have spent $300 and countless hours on labor so far. This same problem is currently being investigated on 2006 and up Buick Lacrosse's. I would like for the 2005 models to be included in the pending recall. The vehicle was purchased six months prior to the failure for $8,000 and now I am not sure it will ever run again.

- Beckley, WV, USA

Apr 092015

LaCrosse

While running vehicle ignition switch went off and car was left without power steering and no motor power. I have to make a complete stop in order to start the car again. It all happens after getting my car to GMC campaign 14299.

- Carolina, PR, USA

May 152015

LaCrosse

The drivers door fails to unlock with car in park and ignition off. An internet search indicates this is a common issue with this vehicle. This issue is not addressed by GM.

- Wyoming, MN, USA