2009 Buick LaCrosse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick LaCrosse:

2009 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Aug 162016

LaCrosse

While entering a parking lot at approximately 20 mph vehicle suddenly accelerated at very high rpms and jumped the curb hitting a tree, extreme pressure on brake pedal would not stop vehicle.. this was the second time in 2 days this problem occurred..

- Hayden, ID, USA

Aug 142016

LaCrosse

While entering interstate off ramp I started slowing down and vehicle accelerated to a very high speed. With extreme brake pedal pressure was not able to slow vehicle down for approximately 100 yards. I had to change 3 lanes to avoid collions with vehicles in front.

- Hayden, ID, USA

Oct 212013

LaCrosse

We have experienced multiple electrical problems with our 2009 Buick Lacrosse. It first appeared as a bad battery which was replaced. Using the in-car digital readout, we began to see strange voltage readings in the car. The voltage would some times read as low as 12.6 volts and then would start a steady climb up to 14.4 volts. It might stay that way for hours or might slowly drop to the low level. At the low level, we have noticed that multiple items like the speed control and the air conditioning would not work until the voltage was at the high level. We have had an episode where the low beam would not operate until I switched the high beam on and them switched to low beam. We have received the recall noticed on that item. Other strange things are happening like the radio changing stations on its own. The passenger seat indicator reads false at times when traveling. The air bag indicator light reads off and the seat belt indicator read unlatched. As we continue traveling, the indicators go back to their normal indications.

- Hutchinson, KS, USA

Jan 192015

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2009 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 70 mph, it was noticed that the speedometer indicated an inaccurate reading level of 120 mph. In addition, the tire warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Evergreen, AL, USA

Jul 092013

LaCrosse 6-cyl

This has happened numerous times. The first time the check engine light came on, I don't recall the message I actually got; but I took it to a dealership and they replaced an emission control item which seemed to do the trick for awhile. Eventually, as I was driving along some time later, the message "reduced engine power" came up; and I could feel the engine immediately start to drag. In about 30 seconds to a minute, "traction control off" or something similar comes up. I stopped to look at the manual which said to shut the engine off, wait a few minutes, then start the car and this would clear the code so that the car would run normally. I did this, and I saw that the car was operating more normally but the "check engine light" stayed on. After several stops and starts, the light went off. This has happened more times than I can count. On 6/3, I took it to a dealership because it seemed to be happening more frequently. The only thing they could find that might be causing it did not seem to be the problem, but they worked on the X101 connector and test drove it 16 miles w/O a problem. Two days later while driving to work (after driving about 20 min.), the same thing happened again. Another garage where I had my oil changed ran the codes and found that P1125 - fuel & air metering and P2138 throttle/pedal position were listed. I gave this info to the Buick dealer to see if the problem could be fixed. The car is no longer under warranty except for emission controls, so I paid for the work. They were not sure that the problem was repaired. It turned out that it wasn't. now, what" do I just keep taking it back and paying for things to be tried"

- Buxton, ME, USA

Jun 042014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

This is the third time within a 2 month time frame that I have been having a "service traction system", "service theft system", "ABS system" on my odometer. I had to stop and turn the car off. Then they replaced the wheel barring, then they did the electrical and tire and now it is acting up again and they dont even know what it is this time.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA