2009 Buick LaCrosse fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick LaCrosse:

2009 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Aug 132014

This has happened twice. Twice I was going about 55 or 60 miles per hour and suddenly I had reduced power. This happened in July and then several months ago. My engine light has come on and codes show that P1125, accelerator pedal position sensor fault, and P2138 accelerator pedal position performance. I recall I got a letter from GM about this matter, but I can not locate at this time..

- Columbia, MD, USA

Jul 092013

LaCrosse 6-cyl

This has happened numerous times. The first time the check engine light came on, I don't recall the message I actually got; but I took it to a dealership and they replaced an emission control item which seemed to do the trick for awhile. Eventually, as I was driving along some time later, the message "reduced engine power" came up; and I could feel the engine immediately start to drag. In about 30 seconds to a minute, "traction control off" or something similar comes up. I stopped to look at the manual which said to shut the engine off, wait a few minutes, then start the car and this would clear the code so that the car would run normally. I did this, and I saw that the car was operating more normally but the "check engine light" stayed on. After several stops and starts, the light went off. This has happened more times than I can count. On 6/3, I took it to a dealership because it seemed to be happening more frequently. The only thing they could find that might be causing it did not seem to be the problem, but they worked on the X101 connector and test drove it 16 miles w/O a problem. Two days later while driving to work (after driving about 20 min.), the same thing happened again. Another garage where I had my oil changed ran the codes and found that P1125 - fuel & air metering and P2138 throttle/pedal position were listed. I gave this info to the Buick dealer to see if the problem could be fixed. The car is no longer under warranty except for emission controls, so I paid for the work. They were not sure that the problem was repaired. It turned out that it wasn't. now, what" do I just keep taking it back and paying for things to be tried"

- Buxton, ME, USA