2010 Buick LaCrosse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick LaCrosse:

2010 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

May 052016

Driver seat moves out of position by itself, I just had the stabili trak light come on which in turn shut off my ABS I had replaced the bad bearing today but was told the other 3 will need it also as this bearing is a defective produce and should have been recalled as they fall apart shutting off you ABS system.this is not a cheap vehicle to purchase I also had to replace my all wheel drive pump which was very costly I believe GM should recall the wheel bearings on these vechiles before someone get hurt! I like GM but you have dropped the ball on this one!!

- Derry, NH, USA

Dec 042014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Engine quit causing brakes and steering to become inoperative. This is the 5th time this has happened. I have previously reported this to NHTSA and General Motors.I never received a response from GM. I took the vehicle to my dealer and the only thing they did was reprogram the vehicle but apparently it did no good. I think the problem is in the ignition system.

- Hinton, WV, USA

Mar 282014

3/28/14: Took car to dealership as my brake pedal was appx. One inch from the floor when depressed while stopping car. Was told brake pads, calipers & brake fluid were all okay. I was advised to monitor...that "condition was due to brake pads wearing & when brake pads wear, the pedal will move further down because pads have to travel farther in to press against the rotors". 5/28/14:returned car to dealership as brake pedal was almost touching the floor when depressed. They determined that my master cylinder had failed...was replaced.

- Akron, OH, USA

Nov 172014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Premature failure of the antilock braking system due to defective hub bearing.

- Shelby Twp, MI, USA

Jul 012014

LaCrosse 4WD 8-cyl

Went to get my car serviced because I kept hearing a whirring noise during acceleration in the rear of my vehicle. Both rear hub assemblies went, absolutely ridiculous expense for a 2010 Buick Lacrosse at the "stealership" for $850, wow!! crazy because my friend has the same exact car and has the same exact issue. Shouldn't this be on recall already?? would like a response....

- New Haven, CT, USA

Jul 252014

LaCrosse 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that while driving at a low speeds, the service parking assist warning light flashed on the instrument panel. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 67,000. Updated 8/28/14

- Soledad, CA, USA

May 232014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

I haven't had and accident, but I notice when I put on brakes going down hill the front end was shaking, just had car service and check out and I was inform that everything was a okay their did a front end alignment is there a recall on brakes problems? this is not the first time this happen.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Feb 212014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

ABS braking and stabilitrac service lights came on and both systems failed on ice covered road. Vehicle slid off road into snow pile. No injuries or damage.

- Novi, MI, USA

Feb 142008

LaCrosse 6-cyl

While driving several times the electronic stabilitrak control system engage unexpectedly - while driving at different speeds the brakes engaged, the engine sounded different and traffic behind me had to quickly brake, prior to these incidents the service stabilitrak - so I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find anything gave it back to me and hour later it occurred again returned it to dealer again gave back to me took it to another dealer - it's in the shop now since 2/28/13 and I have rental thanks.

- Alexandria, VA, USA