5.4

2011 Buick LaCrosse miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick LaCrosse:

2011 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Oct 012015

LaCrosse

The truck pops all the way open/up when the car is turned off or while I am driving at a slow speed. It has happened so many times but I can not duplicate it so I can get it fixed by GM.

- Pigeon, MI, USA

Sep 042012

LaCrosse 6-cyl

When turning left at a traffic light, my car lost power and I wasn't sure I was going to make it around the corner. After a few seconds my car regained power. 45 minutes later, I made a right turn into heavy traffic and then felt a sudden lurch. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw that my trunk had popped open. I managed to get off the highway, parked the car and turned off the ignition. I got out, closed the trunk, got back in the car, and fastened my seatbelt. Before I could close the door, the trunk popped open again. This occurred three times before the trunk finally stayed closed. A few minutes later, I parked the car, opened the door, started to get out and the warning chime sounded. I got back in and saw that the on the console shift lever that indicates your car is in park was lit up even though the car was turned off. In order to get the light to go off, I had to restart my car and then turn it off again. Next I pushed the onstar phone button and asked to call my home. I got a busy signal. I called a second time and my husband at the number I was calling, heard me telling onstar call my homeŁ but I couldn't hear him trying to talk to me. All of these things happened within 1 1/2 hours. The next day, I found that I could not lock the door by touching the lock spot on the outside door handle. Then I could not unlock the car door by pulling on the door handle when the key was in my pocket. I have had the car for 1 year and eight months and the driver's memory seat has often lost its memory. Sometimes just one button but most of the time both buttons. Prior to this I had been having trouble with my trunk. I'd leave my car parked in a public parking lot and come out to find my trunk wide open. On May 3rd the GM dealer replaced a part hoping to fix this problem.

- Pigeon, MI, USA