6.9

2012 Buick LaCrosse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Buick LaCrosse:

2012 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Jul 282014

LaCrosse 4-cyl

I purchased this car from another car dealer in early July 2014 with 19,000 miles. I noticed that the vehicle seemed to be sluggish on acceleration. I first thought it was the electronic parking brake not releasing. After doing some research I found another case where some else had their car in for the same issue. They said it was the brake pedal bushing not allowing the pedal to disengage the brakes once they were applied. I was told to drive to the dealer even though I told them it was unsafe. By the time my wife drove the car in the brakes were about to caught fire because they were not releasing. They replaced the bushing and turned the rotors that should have been replaced. I am taking it back into the dealership for warred rotor would be my best guess; this is a fire hazard waiting to happen. There was no fire but if she would have driven another 10 miles the brakes would have been on fire. I arrived at the dealership twenty minutes after my wife and the brakes were very hot and smelled the same. I checked yes on fire because there would have been one shortly.

- Owasso, OK, USA

May 022013

LaCrosse

The contact owns a 2012 Buick Lacrosse. The contact stated that the brake assist warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure but replaced the brake pads and brake sensor. They also replaced and reprogrammed the electronic brake control module and electronic control module. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 15,019 and the current mileage was 23,200.

- Reidsville, GA, USA

Oct 152012

LaCrosse

This is a 4cyl car with easiest. Unintended acceleration - the car while going downhill or sometimes uphill, accelerates on its own after releasing the gas pedal. I almost hit another car once because of this. Jerking - the car while decelerating from 50-40 mph to 30-20 mph jerks after releasing the gas pedal (with an intention of decelerating) or while applying brakes. This has been happening regularly since I bought the car in Oct 2012.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

May 312012

LaCrosse 4-cyl

Un smooth shifting around 30 mph, causing the car to jerk or brake feels like the assist is not sensing, causing the had to dealership nothing they can do all check out but the problem is still there.

- Moorhead, MN, USA