2012 Buick LaCrosse fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Buick LaCrosse:

2012 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Apr 072015

While driving downhill, in mountains, I was turning right on a curve at 60 mph when I lost all acceleration. The vehicle slowed to approximately 30 mph in about 10 seconds. The motor was still running but at an idle speed. After about 15 seconds, the accelerator started working again. Cars were behind me honking, it scared the --- out of me. The next time it happened (4.23.2015), I was changing freeways, turning to the right at about 30 mph, the accelerator again stopped working with 4 cars behind me, one almost hit me in the rear, there was no place to pull off to. Then after about 15 seconds the accelerator started to respond again, so I could drive again, I took it to the dealer and informed them what had happened, they told me that they had not heard of any problem as I reported. They did an inspection of the vehicle, checked connections of wiring. I informed them of the same problems reported on the internet that I found, they said you can't believe everything you read on the internet? they could not duplicate the problem.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 102014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Diesel fuel was accidentally fueled into the car at a gas station having a "hybrid" pump--one having two nozzles. While this was a mistake on the drivers part, a diesel fuel nozzle is designed not to fit into a car with a gasoline engine. This error should have been impossible. On this Buick, this is not the case. A diesel hose can be fitted into the filler pipe and left there unattended and will fill the tank. The safety danger in this is that the car will stall when the unleaded fuel already in the fuel lines runs out and the engine receives contaminated fuel. We were lucky and the car reached home first and then could not be restarted. Otherwise, the car would have stalled on the road, the power steering would have failed, and the car could easily have been in an accident. This condition cost $1145 to repair. Updated 1/16/15

- Highland Park, IL, USA