2013 Buick LaCrosse steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick LaCrosse:

2013 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Apr 112016

65 year old wife driving 70mph on I75 in Michigan when the power steering stopped working. Service power steering message came on. I had to help her steer car to a stop. I did not know it had electric power steering. It was 9pm at night. Looked for low fluid level. Decided to drive home. When car was re started the power steering worked. Wife does not trust car now.

- Gladwin, MI, USA

Apr 012014

LaCrosse 6-cyl

Near the Florida-Georgia on North interstate 75 I stopped at a rest area.when I started the auto again, I found it difficult to back out of the parking lane and to straighten the cars wheels to exit the area.I realized then I lost power steering.slowly and on the right lane I drove the auto to valdosta, ga.I stopped at a motel and called the local Buick dealer.the next day (April 2) I was able to bring the auto to the local Buick dealer.fortunately, the dealer was just a few miles from my motel. I stayed overnight at a local motel.the dealer arranged for me to rent a auto. The next day, the mechanics at the dealership informed me that they would have to replace parts but did not know how long it would take to receive the parts and how long it would take to fix the auto.thus, they removed my luggage and books from my auto and placed them in my rental car. Then I proceeded to drive to my home in Illinois. On April 27, my repaired Buick la crosse was delivered to my home in Illinois.

- Champaign, IL, USA

Feb 252013

LaCrosse 4-cyl

Vehicle engine light (malfunction indicator lamp) came on; 5 minutes later charging system light came on with warning that "charging system not working". shortly thereafter, power steering went out and then ABS light came on and then car shut down completely. After reading complaints about 2012 Buick Lacrosse looked in engine compartment and found that the serpentine belt was shredded. Vehicle being towed to dealer in morning.

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA