1998 Buick LeSabre electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Buick LeSabre:

1998 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Nov 012001

I believe I have a problem with the vats. The system has failed preventing me from starting the car. I have checked the fuses and one was blown but that goes to the electronic level control (hence a second problem) itiallally the car failed to start after jiggling the key it started. The security light remained on the whole way home. Came home shut the car down and started back up again. Later that evening my wife took the car to the store, where it failed to start. She called me I promptly responded with 2 of my children in tow. After checking fuses, reading the owners manual and disconnecting the battery, jiggling the key the car started...thank goodness. Then we got home and it died. Yesterday I checked all fuses to verify, its not that..finally determining its in the ignition system relating to the lock cylinder. I have an extended warranty and hope the dealer will fix it. Today I have continued to poke around and attempted to start it..successfully after jiggling the ignition/key. Do you know if this is a common problem for this vehicle" unfortunately we do not know if it will start again. This is not a pleasant situation. Do you know what might cause the lock cylinder to do this? will this require new passkeys"

- Greenwich, NY, USA

Apr 051998

Engine failed due to spark plugs burning and computer malfunction.

- Troy, AL, USA

Jul 011998

Ignition coil failure causing vehicle to stall and backfire.

- Plainview, NY, USA