1.2

2001 Buick LeSabre fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick LeSabre:

2001 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Jul 072016

LeSabre

I have been experiencing. Severe hesitation and loss of power. I have replaced the 3 ignition coils, the ignition module, new spark plugs, and a wire set. I have been reading alot about fires on this site. Yesterday 7/7/16 when I came home there was a loud weering sound, and once I turned off the engine their was a loud piercing whistle as if built up pressure was being relieved under the hood near the passenger side wheel well. Today again a lack of power, flashing service engine light, and no power. I afraid the engine might catch on fire as in other postings on this site.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jan 012016

LeSabre

Replaced fuel pump and sender because of erratic levels 6 months later same problem arrose

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Jan 302016

LeSabre

Our Buick had been running fine, but went to move it one morning. With a cold engine, as soon as we hit the starter, the engine exploded very loudly and started burning. After the fire was put out, it was determined that the entire intake manifold, along with the fuel lines had exploded in many pieces. From internet research, it was found that the fuel pressure regulator had a recall for vehicle years '98-'00, which these models had the same condition. Had I had the hood open at the time, I'd probably been hurt by flying chunks from the intake manifold. This is a very dangerous condition which could have easily caused bodily harm, even from fire to the passengers inside.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Apr 102015

LeSabre

The gas hand said it was full, when I drove off the parking lot.. I didn't get off the road, when the car ran out of gas. Cars blowing horns.

- Bracey, VA, USA

Mar 062015

LeSabre 6-cyl

I try to start the car and the car wouldn't start and then I tried to start the car again then I heard a big loud sound from the engine a boob sound. I notice smoke was coming from the hood. My brother was outside when the loud sound went off. My brother and I move the other vehicles out of the way so it wouldn't catch on fire. Went back over to the car my brother tried to pursue with the matter and he notice he was on fire under the hood while the smoke were coming from the engine it was to much for him to handle so he told me to call the fire department and did that. Engine was on fire spreading larger surrounding the tires on the front of the car while the engine was in flames. The police came and the fire department arrive a couples minutes after that. They spread it down with fire hoses and that was it. It not fixable and it scared very bad this is really bad so that's why I'm writing this to solve this matter.

- Richmond , VA, USA

Jan 062015

LeSabre

The contact owns a 2001 Buick Lesabre. While attempting to start the vehicle, the contact heard a loud explosion and fire emitted from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the fuel regulator failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 200,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Kansas City, KS, USA