0.2

2001 Buick LeSabre miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick LeSabre:

2001 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Apr 012016

LeSabre

Dash peeling up at windshield on drivers side about half way to passengers side

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Jan 232016

• 9,999,999 miles
My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson stopped at my mother's house for just a few min. Then they were going to drive on to my house. We all live within 5 miles of each other. They were all inside my mom's house when they heard and explosion. After looking outside, they seen the car on fire. They are lucky to be here. Its a miracle. Your company should have to compensate them for malfunctioning parts.

- Miami, OK, USA

Aug 012012

LeSabre

The dash pad is peeling and warping and I found a site that told me to report it here as a lot of people are having the same issue with several years of the Lesabre.

- Spring, TX, USA

Apr 102015

LeSabre

The gas hand said it was full, when I drove off the parking lot.. I didn't get off the road, when the car ran out of gas. Cars blowing horns.

- Bracey, VA, USA

May 012006

LeSabre

I have had to replace all four power window motors, the dash is coming apart and is raised blocking some visibility and potentially affecting the air bag deployment in an accident. In addition, it seems to me that braking vibration / pulsation has been a problem on all five of my Buick Lesabre

- Mount Dora, FL, USA

Sep 052014

LeSabre

All power windows have failed.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 152009

LeSabre

In just a few weeks the dash buckled up almost six inches between the steering wheel and the windshield. Contacted GM/Buick and they got the local dealer on the phone with us. Neither would do a thing except give me a quote of $1000 for replacement. After checking several forums on this issue, it appears there is a definite design/manufacturing problem that GM refuses to acknowledge. Prior to this the car had been garage kept and the interior detailed to keep things like this from occurring. Just wait until the airbag deploys while someone is driving and is killed or gravely injured. Such a shame this kind of situation needs to occur before something is done!

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Apr 112011

LeSabre

The leather covering on the dash detached from the dashboard at the windshield on the driver side of the car. Our concern is; if the car is in a crash will the airbag or impact cause the remainder of the dash to detach and cause additional injury to the passengers. Buick claims there is no safety issue and will not repair the dash.

- Butler, PA, USA

Dec 032010

LeSabre

In December 2010 I had my 2001 Buick Lesabre repaired at schepel Buick in merrillville, Indiana. They replaced the intake manifold gaskets and the thermostat because of the coolant leaking. I just found out the GM knew of this problem with the dex coolant for a long time and didn't let anyone know. I called the service manager a schepel bill and talked to him and he said that he never heard of this and neither did GM. Its all over the internet. He lied to me. He told me not to believe what the internet says. I am out $779.45 for something that they should have paid for. The never had a recall because they wanted to keep it quite. I just don't think that they should get away with keeping it quite when someone could get hurt and to avoid paying for their mistake.

- Schererville, IN, USA

Feb 012011

LeSabre

The dash board is separating or "bucking up", which can cause the air bag to deploy if it separates too far. The dealer says that it is not covered under the warranty that I purchased. Does someone have to be seriously injured before something is done about this problem? I have seen other Buick Lesabre doing the same thing. There should be a recall done on all 2000-2005 Lesabre.

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Jan 202004

LeSabre

Battery acid leaked out of the positive terminal onto the floor pan. (nar)

- Earlimart, CA, USA

Aug 252001

LeSabre

While driving 50 mph extreme vibrations occurs, cause unknown. Front passenger door lock broke. Consumer stated there was a rattle in the dash. Consumer attached administrative number vss20010150 which states that some customers comment on shaking/vibration in steering wheel, floor, or seat, it also states to inspect missing balance weights, and tires, possibly tire related.

- Moline, IL, USA