Repeated Window Regulator Failures

2001 Buick LeSabre

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Buick dealer.

1. replace (9 reports)
2001 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick LeSabre:

2001 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

May 232015

LeSabre 3.8L

This is the third of three back regulator replacements. Mileage is low because it is rarely driven and always garaged in a cool-warm climate (Southern Ca)

- , Goleta, USA

Mar 132013

LeSabre 3.8L

Second of three rear regulator failures. Always the regular and not the cable or guides

- , Goleta, USA

Jun 062002

LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6

This was the first of seven times since I have owned this car. I bought it new in 2001 because it was Buick. What a mistake !!!! I always have bought American made cars but this one soured me. After the third replacement window regulator I did it myself to save money and frustration.

This is one of many different problems with this car. I have written three times directly to Buick with no return response. Ever !!!! My answer to their no response attitude, I'll never buy another Buick !!! . I paid over 21000 dollars for this car which gives me the right to badmouth Buick to anyone who tells me to buy American only.

- , North Olmsted, OH, USA

Jun 152012

LeSabre Custom V6

This was the second window motor in the car to be replaced.Should not have occurred at this low a mileage.

- , Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Aug 062009

LeSabre Custom V6

Should not have occurred at this mileage. Very rarely used as the vehicle was a one driver car.

- , Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Jun 142013

LeSabre Limited V6

My car is in the shop as we speak. it was serviced for the intake manifold gasket $1400.00 which did not solve the issue. then was told they tried putting 2 crank sensors in it because it would not stay started.. still not sure what they are going to charge me for that!!!!!!!!!!! Ive had the window issue and the leaking coolant issue. I was surprised when i came across this page and seen that this is a typical 01 Buick Lesbare problem. my I love the confortable space of my car but not the headache thats been constantly reaccuring for the entire 2-3 years I have had it.

I have also had my car serviced twice for Loud noises from idleing and heat and air conditioner

- , Oklahoma City, OK, USA

May 212013

LeSabre Custom 3.8L V6

Buick LeSabre 2001 Drivers Side window regulator failed. Heard the loud snap and the window would not move properly. When we tried to replace it twice with an aftermarket regulator. Both times the window worked properly twice (up and down) then failed again. The window will move with a bit of push by hand when the circuit is engaged. The window will sometimes move with the regulator power, but makes a loud "gear skipping" noise at the top and bottom because the motor doesn't shut off at the end of the movement.

Our next move is to get a dealer part to replace the aftermarket. Will report what happens next.

- , Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jul 302012

click to see larger images

repeated window regulator failures

On my 2001 LeSabre the rear passenger regulator failed in July. The rear driver side failed in September. My driver window regulator failed today 10-25-12. On the back windows the cable broke away from the plastic that retains the end (see photo). The white plastic assembly in both cases had many cracks. I have not taken the driver door apart yet so not sure what happen, but heard the cable snap, just like the others. I assume it pulled out like the others. Definitely a poor design and/or materials.

Update from Oct 27, 2012: Just wanted to add, on my 1998 Buick Century, (3) window regulators failed.

- , Wyandotte, MI, USA

Jul 202012

LeSabre Custom V6

I am on my 6th. Yes every window is going on round 2! Thanks Obama for standing by GM. Now stand by your product. Never again will i buy a GM and my father worked for them for over 30 years.

- , New Bern, NC, USA

Jun 152012

LeSabre Custom 3.8L

This is the latest of 3 window regulators to fail. At 43,000 miles and very light use of the three windows, I am now having to repair/replace the regulator AGAIN. Only the driver's side has remained functional but ask me again in a week. This is insane that Buick/GM is not handling this as a recall. My GM dealer says it has been a real money-maker for them with so many failures on GM's part. I am ready to trade cars in a few months and it will not be a GM!

Thanks for being a real bad corporation, GM, you deserve a ton of black eyes for this outrageous mess. I have paid $1200 now for this problem, and money I cannot afford to spend but what choice does a consumer have? I know..don't buy GM products!

- , Portland, OR, USA

Apr 042008

LeSabre Custom V6

It is over $900 per window if you need to have it done by the dealer. I have permanently closed them now because the two that have went out for the second time one went out two months after the new replacement and the other within four months. Buick really needs to make this right or I won't buy another one of their vehicles cause this is absolutely ridiculous!

- , Lawtey, FL, USA