1.1

2002 Buick LeSabre brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick LeSabre:

2002 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Oct 072015

LeSabre

Beginning about August of 2015 until now, Oct 2015, the engine of my Buick le sabre has begun to stop running while driving. When that occurs I lose my power steering and power brakes. Tonight (Oct 7, 2015) it happened four times on the way home. I made it home safely fortunately but I will not drive the car again until it is fixed. Last week I had both a mobile mechanic and an auto shop (purcell) look at it and they can not diagnose the problem. They call it an intermittent defect. What I have experienced sounds exactly like the description of the experience of the automobiles that GM has recalled, although my year, make, and model are not on the list that I found on the internet. My experience is so similar that I want my ignition switch replaced by GM before I will drive the car again. Please advise. Thanks.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Mar 202012

LeSabre 6-cyl

Two brake lines in back of my car rusted completely thru leaving me with little brake. Also in 2-4-13 two front brake lines rusted, one thru. Also in 8-7 14 I had to replace two parking brake cables frozen up by rust. Also in 3-20-15 I had to replace the whole parking brake control and foot pedal.the car has almost no rust and the frame underneath is fine. All these cables and lines were hidden when I looked underneath to buy car. I was shocked to see a car with so little rust having huge brake line and cable problems. If I was driving fast when the rear brake line gave out it could have been dangerous.is it too much to ask for rust proof brake lines?

- Williamstown, VT, USA