2003 Buick LeSabre miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Buick LeSabre:

2003 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Sep 222013

LeSabre

I have a complaint to enter. The dash board cover has separated almost all the way across on my 2003 Buick lasabre beginnnig at approximately 40,000 miles. I am being told it is dangerous because it might open the air bag on passenger side and inflict possible death or injury to passenger. It is also beginning to raise up at separation enough to hamper viewing when driving. This car has also had all four window regulators replaced and one in back twice for a total of 5 window regulators replacements. I have had to have alinements on front end more times than I ever had on any other vehicle I ever owned. The only thing that is good about the vehicle is the engine, I have had no complaint with it so far. Almost everyone I have talked to that owns a Buick 2003 has had this same problem with the dash board. I hold GM liable if anything should happen because of the faulty dash board that might cause injury or death to my passenger. There are probably thousands of these vehicles with faulty dash boards. I never had to replace a single window regulator in any car I ever owned before. A class lawsuit might be the answer to all these problems. Can you help us ?

- Indian Trail, NC, USA

Jun 102011

LeSabre

Dash between steering wheel and windshield is coming apart. Looked on internet and it says Buick between 2000 and 2005 has several complaints on this, air bag could come out if dash keeps splitting. The dash board is splitting.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Sep 152010

LeSabre 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Lesabre. The contact stated that the dashboard was buckling toward the driver's side near the air bag and the contact was concerned that the damage could cause the air bag to deploy without being involved in a crash. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the contact was advised by the dealer that the cause of the failure was simply the age of the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 54,000 and the current mileage was 55,000. Updated 2/23/11 updated 04/28/11

- Matamoras, PA, USA

Jan 012007

LeSabre

The dash pad is coming apart, separating and buckling up so high that it is now a visual hazard when driving. When the weather is somewhat warm or hot, the buckling is much worse. It is now separating further towards the passenger side and I am afraid that the air bag could possibly deploy while driving. This vehicle is equipped with a heads up display and even that is being affected by the dash pad coming apart. I paid lots of money for this vehicle and expect to keep and drive it for many years. With this safety defect getting much worse as time goes by, I now wonder how much longer I will be able to drive it. It is a complete shame because this vehicle is like brand new except for this unsafe factory defect. Every one of these vehicles from years 2001 thru 2005 that I have noticed in parking lots, driveways, garages, and even on the highways, have this same factory safety defect. I have friends and family members who own this same model vehicle but different year models, and their dash pads are exactly the same way as mine. Please make GM issue a recall and fix this safety defect before someone is killed!!!

- Rincon, GA, USA

Aug 022008

LeSabre 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Buick Lesabre. The contact drove over a pot hold and the swerved off the road as it became difficult to control the vehicle. On one occasion, the vehicle went off the road and crashed into a mailbox. There were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer but the failure could not be duplicated. The failure mileage was approximately 29,000 and the current mileage was 37,107. Updated 01/13/11 the consumer also stated the dashboard is peeling. Updated 04.19.11

- Amory, MS, USA