2004 Buick LeSabre accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick LeSabre:

2004 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

May 272014

LeSabre Custome

Stopped for a red light a month ago on a flat surface and noticed that my fuel gauge indicator went from 1/4 empty down to 3/4 empty back up to half empty, back down. Seriously!! I wasn't moving, I was on a flat surface - what the heck is going on?! Thought it was a fluke, until it continued to happen and didn't make a difference when I filled the tank. It has continued.

I called my service guy and was told yes, this has been a problem for several years with GM. So I started looking into it and there is NOT a recall for my car. To me this is a hazard since I drive long distance and also do a lot of city driving. As we all know mileage is different city vs. highway. If the tank is registering gas in it and there really is not then that could be cause for a highway accident. This situation of a malfunctioning fuel indicator is not safe. I often have kids in the car and this problem with my car causes great concern.

When will GM take responsibility to fix this problem with their cars, one which they have known about???

- , Omaha, NE, USA