2004 Buick LeSabre wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick LeSabre:

2004 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Aug 042008

LeSabre

Traveling from buffalo, N.Y. to greensboro, ga. On route 77, just past beckley, w. va., I noticed a vibration in the car and thought it was a patch of rough road and immediately, there was a load bang and as I looked in my rear view mirror, I noticed black strips flying behind me. The car became sluggish and was pulling to the right. I immediately pulled unto the shoulder and stopped. I checked the right rear tire and saw all the thread was gone and only the belt remained and the tire was still inflated. I called for a tow company and the driver showed me that all the electrical connections and the rear bumper and tire well were destroyed. I was towed to a GM dealer in beckley and they spliced the wires for a temporary fix and replaced the tires so I could get home. Once home, I had my GM dealer order the parts needed to fix the electrical problems. I also has a collision repair shop fix the damage to the exterior of the car.

- Greensboro, GA, USA

Aug 022004

LeSabre 6-cyl

The consumer has replaced 5 tires already on this vehicle, and 2 more tires need to be replaced. The tires on the vehicle will pull to the left or to the right while driving, especially while accelerating. The tire manufacturer is general. The tire size is P215/70R15.

- Sumter, SC, USA

Dec 282004

LeSabre

General tires, 215/70R15. Consumer discarded the tires completely. And the dot# was not available. When driving, the vehicle bounced all over the road. The consumer had the tires balanced. But when the tires were completely removed consumer noticed that the vehicle performed 100% better when the tires were replaced with another brand of tires. The consumer experienced a total loss of steering control as a result while going 65 mph. Two tires were replaced. According to the dealer, one of the new tires were bad plus one of the good tires had gone bad.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Sep 042004

LeSabre 6-cyl

Sept.3,2004 my wife and I bought a 2004 Buick lasabre new, .with about 90 miles on the car at interstate speed I noticed the car had a slight viberation and a slight pulling to the right, the drivers seat as well as the passenger seat also became vary uncomfortable, I felt like I was fighting the car the whole trip to fla.the futher we drove the worse all problems got, we got as far as daytona beach, fl. When these conditions got so bad I stopped the trip and called roadside asst.after talking to the dealerin Florida (not the selling dealer) I was informed that the right front and left rear tires where out of spec, and all tires where out of balance, when I as if the tires where replaced they said no, reason was they claimed that the tire maker was on strike and they would not replace the tires but said they did balance all 4 tires, they said that would take care of the viberation, but they didn't know why the car was pulling so hard to the right all the time, when I ask the dealer if there was a chance of the tires braking up on my trip back to ky, I was told 50/50.on the way back home not only these problems got worse but then the drivers seat broke, then the front passenger seat broke, these new problems happened before we ever got to the Florida state line, after a long painfull trip home leaving me and my wife with bad pain in both legs from the knee down (and pain still exsisting) I took the Buick back to the dealer where I bought it and traded it in on another car (not Buick) even after I told the dealer about how unsafe this car was to drive I still had to take a 5,000.loss to get rid of it.this car is again for sale at the dealer, between evansville in, and owensboro ky this car is silver last 5 numbers of the VIN is 66948 do not this car never should have passed quality control and got out of the factory, Buick has not replied to my complaint, they have also not offered to pay for our trip interuption or our pain and suffering.

- Maceo, KY, USA