2. replaced the regulator (1 reports)
2004 Buick LeSabre windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick LeSabre:

2004 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Dec 042015

LeSabre Custom 3.8L

Owned full size GMs for over 50 years and never had any power window problems. I would expect better for the Buick Le Sabres - even 11 years old. I have had other first time problems as well. Had one lemon Oldsmobile back in the late 80s but even those repairs didn't cost what this 2004 le Sabre (low miles) will cost me if I can afford to keep it as long as all my others between 12 and 16 years. The quote for this oil leak due to GM's poor design of the intake manifold gaskets is around $700. Never had anything like that before. Also learned that the front wheel bearings are a little loose. Never had that problem with any of my big cars either.

My cars haven't been driven for commute work for over 30 years so there isn't any hard wear on them.

I have had great difficulty with my GM dealership on several repairs. That combined with a long list of everything going wrong with this gorgeous Le Sabre has convinced me to abandon the GM product.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 252014

LeSabre LX 6

Being from Michigan I have always supported the US and bought American cars. My daughter encouraged me to buy something foreign and more reliable as her Toyota is 14 years old and flawless. I didn't listen, bought this Buick Lesabre. It is nothing but problems! This is the 3rd window replacement within 3 years, the last one is making noises but at $200 per window it is expensive as I am retired. I have replaced all tires, shocks, wheel bearings and I cannot recall the very long list of other things to get the big vibration out of the ride. Nothing has helped, just big money spent and no one can figure it out. Needless to say, I will never own another Buick, perhaps not even American!!!!!

- , Au Gres, MI, USA

Nov 082013

Buick should be held responsible for replacement and fixes to this problem.

In May of 2013, The window on the passenger side went down and would never go again. You can hear the motor trying to engage. Took it apart and found the plastic guild rollers were shattered. Couldn't find a replacement part had to buy the whole Assembly.

And now on November 8 2013 the driver broke. Same thing as the other, plastic rollers shattered. This is a poor quality set up with plastic rollers. And if had a garage to fix it they wanted over $300. plus parts per side. And now cold weather have a block of wood holding up window.

Buick should recall them and replace them with better quality parts. And refund any cost we have to pay for repairs.

If anyone knows of where I get a replacement guild roller let me know here.

- , Marianna, FL, USA

Apr 182011

LeSabre Limited 3.8L

i would like to get some feedback on how to fix it myself. i don't have the money to take it to a dealership

- , Va Beach, VA, USA