2006 Buick Lucerne body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Buick Lucerne:

2006 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

May 232016

Lucerne

On May 13, 2016 I went to open the driver's side front door. The car was stationary. To my utter surprise, the handle came completely off! on May 25, I took it to reichard, dealership. Since the car has only 54, 589 miles on it I asked the dealer for assistance in paying to fix it. He refused, saying "we get a lot of these. The manufacturer used plastic instead of metal and the plastic breaks." I asked the advisor to call General Motors. She did and reported back to me that GM would not do anything. One of the advisors told me that I can expect the other three door handles to break as well. Since the car only has 54K miles, how could that happen" I have three other cars and only drive the Lucerne a few times a year, mainly on out-of-town trips. Therefore, I have driven the car only about 5,500 miles per year. I consider this a defect in the design and manufacturing of this vehicle. This defect will cost me about $1,000. But most importantly, it could be a safety hazard if/when a I need to to enter the car and when someone has to be quickly extracted from the car! also, a few friends and complete strangers who own Buick Lucernes have told me that I can expect to have transmission problems with this car. Have you had complaints with the transmissions"

- Dayton, OH, USA

Jan 062016

Lucerne

Driver door handle breaks just like the door handle on the Cadillac. Why was Cadillac recalled but not Buick? let's be fair both are GM cars. Clearly a defect according to service dept. There are so many.

- Hohokus, NJ, USA

Dec 302015

Lucerne

Rear passenger door will not open from inside or outside when handles are activated. It will unlock with fob and stem at door but is stuck shut. Appears to be locked all the time. Would be unsafe if one was in a emergency situation. It happen when I stopped and was trying to exit. It happen on a highway during a stop on shoulder.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Mar 292015

Lucerne 8-cyl

The driver's side rear door will not open although it is unlocked. The inside door handle and the outside door handle both seem to function normally, but neither will open the door. The door isn't stuck. The child lock is not engaged. I have seen from online sources that this has been a problem for this vehicle for a long time. It presents a serious safety issue.

- Sandy Hook, CT, USA

Feb 032014

Lucerne 6-cyl

Both rear doors do not open. The latches have failed. It is impossible to get out of the backseat, unless you crawl through the front. The latches have latched forever. The door does not open from the inside or outside. It started intermittently with one door then the next. They have been closed now for over year with being unable to open them. We have three children who will be stuck in the back if there is an accident. This needs to be under extended warranty. This is unacceptable and is a safety hazard.

- Germantown, WI, USA

Feb 142015

Lucerne 6-cyl

buickforums.com/forums/threads/25659-2006-Lucerne-rear-door-lock my Buick has experienced the same problem experienced by others. The rear passenger door stops working. Apparently a mechanism problem that has been around for awhile. This would be a safety issue for passenger's in the rear seat who can not exit the car involved in an accident. With the volume of people experiencing this problem, this is obviously a manufacturing defect.

- Grove City, OH, USA

Feb 182015

Lucerne

Attempted to open passenger side rear door and it did not open. Attempts to shake the handle did not work and locking/unlocking did not free up door. Passenger had to exit the car on the other side unable to exit on passenger side. Multiple complaints of the same found online where people cannot exit vehicle. Door latch issue in this model according to repair shop.

- Williamsburg, MA, USA

Sep 182014

Lucerne 6-cyl

I lost engine power as I was driving on I75 approximately 16 miles South of venice Florida. One of the tires exploded and the whole wiring system was destroyed due to the tire explosion, as well as the back bumper. My vehicle was towed to the Buick dealer in venice Florida. Repair costs including towing and rental car for the period my vehicle was being repaired elevated to approximately $1600. This does not include replacement of the back bumper which would cost an additional $1400 per Buick's quote. I was informed of a recall by Buick due to the exact reasons that led to my accident and related costs. General Motors is declining responsibility whereas I did experience the problems listed in the reasons for recall number 14299.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Sep 052014

Lucerne 6-cyl

Unable to use passenger rear door from inside or out, weather door is locked or unlocked.

- Lisle, IL, USA

Jun 152014

Lucerne

We can be driving down the road and the warning light for the hood comes on and says hood open, it's not unlatched and we are wondering what would cause this?

- Holly, MI, USA

Jul 292014

Lucerne

The rig, even after unlocking all other doors. This is a safety hazard as back seat passengers could be trapped inside the car in the event of an accident or fireht rear door locks and will not open from inside or outside. This is a safety hazard as back seat passengers could be trapped inside after an accident or a fire.

- Thornville, OH, USA

Jun 152014

Lucerne 6-cyl

While driving home on rereidental street( 31th near charles street) in rockford il. At 8:00pm, crossing over charles street while the intersection light in my direction; and East bound vehicle dis-regared the light and crossed into my path turning left going South causing damage to the entire vehicle from the tires to the bumper. The empact turning the vehicle ( 2006 Buick lucrene 4 dr.) completely around. My main concern is that the air bags ( driver/pass) did not deport.... question to you is there any steps I can take to settle this issue for compensation..the vehicle was a total lost.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Mar 212014

Lucerne

Both rear passengers doors will not open from the inside or outside. This has been an recurring problem for about a year, it is such a shame how many complaints are filled for this particular defect and there is not any recalls.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Jul 312013

Lucerne 6-cyl

The rear passenger doors of the car do not open. The automatic door locks have failed to work. The mechanism design has failed because the manual door lock releases do not work. It is impossible to exit (or enter) the car from the backseat. The rear doors on both sides of the car do not open. There has been no accident and there has never been any prior damage. Since more than two people often ride in this vehicle, this is an extreme safety hazard because it is impossible to access the back seat of the car (especially in an emergency) unless reaching over the front seat from inside the car.

- Massena, NY, USA

Jun 182013

Lucerne 6-cyl

Was stopped in a traffic jam on the hwy when a full size van ran into the rear of my car pushing my car into the car in front of me. There was damage to the rear and front of my car. The airbags didn't deploy.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Aug 052012

Lucerne 6-cyl

Unable to open rear passenger door. Tried from both inside and outside, tried manually unlocking and using remote to unlock. Door will not open. Afraid to use back seat now in case of emergency.

- Derry, PA, USA