3.6

2008 Buick Lucerne accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Buick Lucerne:

2008 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

Nov 022015

Lucerne

This concerns my 2008 Buick Lucerne, it has the cashmere interior color. Something I have just found out. GM does not make an important replacement interior part anymore. Pn: 20954443 is not available from any dealer in the U.S. this is a seat trim part for the outside of the passenger seat. It cracks from normal use because it is forced to flex when a person sits in the passenger seat, over time this flexing cracks the part. The cracked part then has sharp edges which catches clothing, and could cause leg cuts. As a side note, the shale colored part is pn: 15273992, and the titanium pn: Is 15273994 (this part I was able to still find, and I will have to paint it cashmere to match my car). These parts fit all the "not heated seats" Lucerne models from 2006 to 2011, thousands of cars I suspect. The driver's side trim part (mirror opposite) is still available from a few sources. It also falls and cracks for the same reason. Has GM pulled this part from inventory for a redesign? it has been just four years since that last Buick Lucerne was sold, the 2011 model; it should be possible to find replacement parts.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Jan 042010

Lucerne 6-cyl

Sometime between 1998 and 2008 the Buick line, and almost all other lines, enlarged the size of the columns supporting the roof, modified the front side windows to add a small triangle of material at the front of the windows, and raised the height of the side mirrors and raised the height of the "dash" above the instrument cluster. I am in excess of 6 ft tall and this had little impact on my field of vision. My wife is less than 5 ft and age is taking a toll on both of us and this has a severe impact on her field of vision, even with the use of booster pillows. The current models have the same design flaw, except for the Honda civic and the Ford Fusion. I have personally "tested" this condition by locating myself at an intersection where several crashes, some fatal, and "scrooching" down as best I could to simulate a 5 ft person with the seat at its max height, and there is a critical loss of visibility, particularly to the right. There were three crashes, all involved seniors, that were in a collision because they proceeding, after stopping, to cross the intersection in front of oncoming traffic. I heartily support your proposal to develop some type of recommendations, or "rating", for vehicles that are the most appropriate for seniors. Thank you.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA