2010 Buick Lucerne body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick Lucerne:

2010 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

Jun 252015

The driver's side, interior door handle is broken. The entire inside door panel must be replaced. There are no replacement parts available. The dealer has tried to order a replacement part but has been unable to get one. I have checked with the local salvage yards and have been unable to find one there either. I am 79 years old with arthritis. I have had several joint replacements as well. It is very difficult for me to roll down the window and open the door using the outside handle. I am unable to crawl over the console to get out the passenger side door. When at home I park in the garage and leave the window down. Last week I got in my car and the battery was dead. Fortunately this happened at home in my garage where I leave the window down. If I had arrived at my destination and then came back and got in my car the outcome could have been disastrous. I would have been stuck in my car on a humid sunny 94 degree day. This could have been fatal. As I mentioned earlier my dealer has been unable to get a replacement part. My son and I have both contacted Buick. Other than to acknowledge that they have received our complaints they have been slow to respond. This is a potentially life threatening defect as the temperature in this area regularly exceeds 90 degrees in the summer, and below freezing in the winter. I am writing this on behalf of my 79 year old mother M. jean mayes.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Jan 012014

Lucerne 6-cyl

Driver's door would not open from either outside or inside after multiple tries of locking and unlocking. Dealer thinks it's the happened a few times when I tried to get out of the car forcing me to crawl thru the passenger side. Being 85 yrs. Old this was no easy thing to do !!! if there was an accident damaging the passenger side iwould be trapped.I consider this a safety concern.

- Wilmington, MA, USA