2010 Buick Lucerne brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick Lucerne:

2010 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

Sep 212015

I have had about 3 incidences of power brake and power steering failure at low speeds (10 mph or less) during rainy weather. When making a turn, either right or left, the power steering and power brakes fail. This does not occur at every turn attempt but does happen occasionally. It is quite disconcerting. I will not let my wife drive during wet weather and I am very cautious.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 112014

Lucerne 6-cyl

I was driving East bound on interstate 20 approximately 7 miles West of sweetwater Texas on July 11, 2014, when I was struck from behind by another vehicle (that left the scene.) the jarring caused me to lose power so I was unable to steer or to brake, which sent my car crashing into a guardrail; furthermore, the airbags did not deploy at all. I was uninjured, but I have checked the GM website and to date, that car (which was totaled) has not been included on their list of recalled vehicles, though it clearly had the same electrical problem that all the recalled GM vehicles have with the loss of power. I had not been directed to remove anything from my key ring, but all that I had on it was the key fob. Clearly, this vehicle should have been recalled. I was uninjured, but only because the car's chassis held up well and I had my seat belt on. Also, I have many pictures to demonstrate the lack of air bags.

- Lubbock, TX, USA