2010 Buick Lucerne steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Buick Lucerne:

2010 Buick Lucerne Owner Comments

Sep 212015

Lucerne

I have had about 3 incidences of power brake and power steering failure at low speeds (10 mph or less) during rainy weather. When making a turn, either right or left, the power steering and power brakes fail. This does not occur at every turn attempt but does happen occasionally. It is quite disconcerting. I will not let my wife drive during wet weather and I am very cautious.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Sep 142015

Lucerne 6-cyl

On September 14th 2015 I was driving my Buick Lucerne on a very busy street here in the boston area @ approx. 11:18am when the steering on my Buick failed. I was fortunate enough to be able to direct the car onto a curb. For a moment I feared a total loss of control of the vehicle. Fortunately a police officer arrived and assisted me. The car was towed to mclaughlin Chevrolet in whitman, MA. According to that dealer's service dept. Statement, the power line was rotted as was the power steering hose. This is a similar issue that has led to recalls on other GM vehicles in past years. My 2010 Buick Lucerne has only 39,412 on it. It is very well maintained. It is very alarming that a major steering malfunction happened on my well maintained, low mileage car. I thank god that I was able to steer the car onto the curb. If I was on a major highway then I regrettably feel that it would have been a catastrophic event for me. I have the defective part as well as the invoice from mclaughlin Chevrolet. For your possible revue. The repair cost me $498.75. I sincerely feel that this is a dangerous defective part issue. I look forward to hearing from your Agency.

- Abington, MA, USA

May 282015

Lucerne

Squeaking noise from steering when turning. Dealer purchased car new from diagnosed as needing steering rack and loose motor mount replaced for approx. $1325. Car has low miles and never been in an accident.

- Centerville, OH, USA

Jul 112014

Lucerne 6-cyl

I was driving East bound on interstate 20 approximately 7 miles West of sweetwater Texas on July 11, 2014, when I was struck from behind by another vehicle (that left the scene.) the jarring caused me to lose power so I was unable to steer or to brake, which sent my car crashing into a guardrail; furthermore, the airbags did not deploy at all. I was uninjured, but I have checked the GM website and to date, that car (which was totaled) has not been included on their list of recalled vehicles, though it clearly had the same electrical problem that all the recalled GM vehicles have with the loss of power. I had not been directed to remove anything from my key ring, but all that I had on it was the key fob. Clearly, this vehicle should have been recalled. I was uninjured, but only because the car's chassis held up well and I had my seat belt on. Also, I have many pictures to demonstrate the lack of air bags.

- Lubbock, TX, USA

May 172010

Lucerne 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Buick Lucerne. The contact stated that while driving out of the driveway, the brakes and power steering failed suddenly. The dealer was on the way to pick up the vehicle to inspect it at the time of the complaint. The current and failure mileages were 3,213. Updated 6/19/10 updated 07/2/10.

- South Dennis, MA, USA