Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Buick Rainier is a replacement for the Oldsmobile Bravada, hopefully minus the transmission issues and AWD complaints.

1. replace AC system (1 reports)
  2. replace some type of control that has to be programmed (1 reports)
2004 Buick Rainier AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Rainier:

2004 Buick Rainier Owner Comments

May 012013

Rainier CXL Vortec V8

This SUV is my first and a huge regret. A/C went out within the first 4 months. $800.00 plus to fix it. Had to replace the entire unit. Rear air ride system bladders went out next with a replacement cost of over $600.00.

Both left and right differentials went out at the same time. Came over a hill and the left front end just locked up and I came to a screaming halt. I have 2 engine warning lights that will not go out after numerous repairs for EEG and O2. The odometer will jump to 120 mph and stay there for weeks. I have to use my Garmin GPS to see what my speed is. Finally it will start to drop down at 7 MPH every time I start the engine. The Power steering reservoir needs to be replaced and I can not afford it. Uses 1 quart every damn week. This is one big piece of sh*t for Buick. I wish Buick would give me my money back or fix every damn thing on it FREE OF CHARGE.

Dec 262007

Rainier CXL V6

Has anyone else had this problem? Hvac not working, no digital readout, buttons don't work. With only 51,000 miles you shouldn't have to replace a control that has to be programmed after installation to the tune of $650.00. I love the SUV, but good grief. It has also have some other module problem that would make the vehicle just stop running while you were driving down the road. That was covered under warranty. This the speedometer cable went out and when you were driving 50 it said you were driving 90. That was under warranty also, except the part that they replaced it with was also faulty. Then another one had to be ordered and installed. That one worked.

- , Gallatin, TN, USA