Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Buick Rainier is a replacement for the Oldsmobile Bravada, hopefully minus the transmission issues and AWD complaints.

2004 Buick Rainier suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Rainier:

2004 Buick Rainier Owner Comments

Aug 012014

I like this car and I have had it for about 5 years. In the last year the rear suspension goes down and then it will come up sometimes. I have been late to work and have about lost my job over this. I think GMC should pay for this because its a hazard to me. The first time it happened I was on the interstate going about 85 and it went down. I almost wrecked because the car was swaying and I did run off road. Why would any car company put this in a car at all.

- , Centre, AL, USA

Oct 102013

Rainier CXL

click to see larger images

air suspension/suv loses height in the rear air suspension/suv loses height in the rear

I loved my Buick til about a year and a half ago when the suspension started dropping. I would be driving up high then come to a red light then go to take off and "low" and behold I'm a low rider bouncing on every little bump. Now l know some people enjoy that kinda thing but I'm 55 yrs old and I'm shrinking quicker now than I would in regular time. I've had to park it and drive my back-up vehicle due to back, headaches, and stomach pains.

I waited awhile to make a complaint because I thought it was just mine, then I started seeing some around town sitting on the rear tires and doing the bounce so I started researching this and it's a big problem. Unless there was a recall I wasn't aware of, this is truly a manufacturer issue that needs to be seen to or drawn to their attention. I know they don't make the Rainier any more but we still are trying to drive them and y'all as a manufacturer, I would hope, still care about your older cars as well as new ones.

Aren't they like us, your customers, keep us happy and business starts booming. A good word of mouth is the best thing but right now it's real sh*tty. Along with all GM issues and I would hope y'all are trying to rectify them but this one needs to be put on the list.

- , Midland, TX, USA

Jan 082014

Rainier CLX 3.2L

click to see larger images

air suspension/suv loses height in the rear

I have owned this vehicle for 4 1/2 years and I now have to deal with this lowering of the rear end. I have taken very good care of the SUV and now I am suffering from headaches and stomach aches from the bumpiest ride ever, almost daily now.

The car will lift itself up sometimes, but will lose its height while I'm driving or even when it is parked. I am embarrassed and frustrated with this issue and believe that this is a default/defect in the manufacturing of the vehicle. I have seen Rainier's and other GM models driving down the street with lowered back ends. I feel like I am paying $450.00 monthly for a LEMON!!!!

I am a college student, a single mother, and an under paid special education assistant who CANNOT afford to pay for an issue I did not create! I have researched information about this, and clearly, Buick/GM should fix this problem with no cost to me. My back end light is out too, another problem with Rainiers.

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA