1998 Buick Regal electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Buick Regal:

1998 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Oct 112016

Regal GS 3.8L V6

THE tensioner below the alternator broke the casing , I pushed the alternator back to get some tension on the belt and went to start the car when I turned the key, it do nothing at all, at first I thought -battery- , I went around to the front and see smoke from the inside of alternator, I disconnected the battery and ever since I have no electrical at all Anyone knows the problem and its solution ?

- , Toa Baja, Puerto Rico