7.8

1. replace power window switch (7 reports)
2000 Buick Regal windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick Regal:

2000 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Oct 202015

Regal LS

6th window failure in the 15 years I had owned the car and the "really awful" rating is not strong enough to express my feelings. After five former failures my front passenger window is being held in place with my two suction cups. The funny thing is that the window I open the most, drivers window, has never been a problem....at least not yet. I shall go back to get #6 replaced asap....maybe I need to find more suction cups just in case it goes too !

Sep 042014

Regal LS

Failure #5 on one of the rear window motors. I retrieved the suction cups from the glove box after muttering a few choice words and reported to the repair shop. By now we are on a first name basis and he is like "family." I see so many complaints from other Buick owners and cannot understand how Buick owners, even those with newer cars are still having this proble.

Mar 252009

Regal LS

Fourth time.....Again one of the rear motors failed at a most inconvenient time and raining like the devil....My temporary solution was to grab the half open window glass, pull it closed, and use two oversized suction cups to hold it until I could get home to the repair garage. This is ridiculous and expensive. Now I carry the suction cups in my glove box. Why does this keep happening ? I rarely open the rear windows.!!!

Mar 252009

Regal LS

Third time the motor failed, this time on front passenger side and a third trip to repair shop. My friend who also has a Buick Regal had replaced her window devises twice. There certainly should have been a recall by this time but none listed !

Mar 062007

Regal LS

The second window motor failed so had to return to repair shop for a replacement and more expense plus the waste of time . At this time both rear windows have been replaced.

Oct 162004

Regal LS

First time this happened the window went down into the door panel and I had to replace the whole window motor/apparatus that same day...Since then I have had the same problem five more times, each time at a cost of about $175.00.

Jun 082011

Regal LS 3.8L

Dealt with it for months and finally found the switch on eBay. Will be buying it and will report if it worked or not.

- , Bowling Green, Kentucky [KY], USA

May 072010

Regal LX 3.2L V6

No fast food drive throughs for me!!! I hate opening my door and trying to get food and drinks. I wish this vehicle was in the bottom of a pit somewhere.

- , Ider, AL, USA