7.0

2001 Buick Regal engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick Regal:

2001 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Jan 042014

Regal

click to see larger images

engine explosion and caught on fire engine explosion and caught on fire

My car would not start for 2-3 days. I thought it was because of the cold here ( -25 to -40). People said it might be that my gas is frozen. Today was warmer and so I decided to try it again. As soon as I tried to make contact, I heard a loud boom! And smoke started to come out of the hood in the front. Seconds later a lot of smoke was coming from the engine and it took on fire. I had to call the firefighters so they would extinguish the fire. The car is a total loss.

- , montreal, Quebec, canada

Jan 192009

Regal LS 3.8L V6

Very cold here in northern Ontario. Car wouldn't start. Had battery replaced under warranty as mechanic said it wasn't holding charge. Car ran fine for 2 weeks. Wouldn't start the last couple days because of what I assumed was extreme cold. Warmer today went to start and was greeted with a LOUD bang. Smoke pouring out from under the hood. Opened hood and was greeted with alot of flames. Quickly dialed the fire department and started to cover engine with snow, fire wouldn't go out, eventually extinguished by fire department. Engine how has a very large hole in the top of it, obviously destroyed.

- , North Bay, Ontario, Canada