8.0

2001 Buick Regal fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Buick Regal:

2001 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Mar 042008

Regal 3800 Series Ii V6

My wife went to start the vehicle after it had been sitting for a few days in 0-20 degree temps. Upon turning the key there was aloud explosion sound and smoke billowed out from the hood, at which time she came running into the house yelling that the car had blown up and was on fire. Luckily it wasn't that bad. When we lifted the hood we found the plastic pieces scattered everywhere. The intake manifold had exploded. Apparently this is a know issue with some GM vehicles. I did a little research on the Department of Defect Investigation website and found quite a bit of stuff. For those interested you can look it up too. Here are some of the Report numbers you can search for: EA02030, and PE02050. It looks like the problem has been accruing in '98-'02 GM vehicles. There was a recall but it only covered '98-'00 vehicles! How messed up is that. Mine's a '01 of course. I called Buick, but the response i received was "We're sorry, there are no open recalls for your vehicle." Several friends have advised I open a law suit against GM. Not sure what I'll do yet. I'm still waiting for the Insurance Claim agent to investigate it, but that's a whole different story. It's been over a week now since the incident. We'll see where this goes from here...

- , Eielson AFB, AK, USA