1. replace intake manifold gasket with steel one (1 reports)
2004 Buick Regal engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Regal:

2004 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Apr 232011

Regal LS V6

Engine leaking about a pint a day (was a quart) of coolant. I have to fill it each day, and cannot see into the radiator nor the overflow to see how much until it runs over and spills on my garage floor and driveway. Every morning I have to clean the garage floor from the leaking overnight. (And that is before I add the coolant.) What a pain, and I am afraid it will make the engine overheat if I do not add the coolant each day. So I have to buy coolant because I am on a fixed income and just do not have the $700.00 I was quoted to replace the two gaskets.

Why would GM put plastic gaskets in the car instead of the steel ones in the first place?

It all started when I felt that the radiator had too much gunk in it and needed to be flushed. I did the drain, flush and refill myself to save money. And I used the recommended DexCool Coolant. Then the engine began to overheat, so I took it to the Buick Dealer to ask why, and that is when they found where it was leaking and told me I had to get new intake manifold gaskets installed.

- , Beaumont, CA, USA