2.5

2011 Buick Regal fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick Regal:

2011 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Feb 292016

Regal

I have owned my Regal since 2011. As I accelerate the car would shudder and shake, then I would get a service stabilli trac message followed by a message stating that the engine power has been reduced. After I have the issue it will reset itself after restarting and then will run fine for a while. I called on star on several occasions and they told me that it has an engine misfire or the stability trac needs to be serviced or the electronic throttle body is malfunctioning. I have taken the car to the dealer and they tried to fix without any luck. I think part of the trouble with fixing it is the fact that the computer resets itself and therefore they can't find a code. The other issue with trying to fix is the fact that the car only has the issue when it is 35-40 degrees outside and below. Other issues I have had, driver's seat heater not working, outside trunk release not working, passenger side seat belt does not connect properly and of course the recalls for the driver's seat bolt and exterior turn signals. Now for the bad news for myself is that the car is out of warranty. Given the fact that I have read many similar complaints and most of them not being resolved, I find it very hard to bring myself to take it to the dealer and have them guess to what the fix may be at my expense.

- Hunstersville, NC, USA

Jul 062015

Regal

Vehicle continually stalled and died at red lights, stop signs, or when slowing for turning vehicles. Took vehicle to dealership and was told that it was not serious and was scheduled for repair 2 days later. Diagnosed as camshaft indicator. Current recall outstanding on some 2011 Buick Regals but not all. However, based on research on Buick service website, it appears to be widespread problem and was dangerous considering my vehicle died at an exit ramp leaving the interstate.

- Bolivar, TN, USA

Nov 032014

Regal 4-cyl

When I filled the Buick Regal with gas and at speeds 45mph and up, you start to smell gas fumes inside the vehicle. It's cold out so the windows are up and on two occasions, after I got to work I was dizzy and light-headed and my heart was pounding. Two co-workers wouldn't leave my side until my head cleared. They thought I was having a heart attack or something, but my heart and head finally cleared. I'm scared to drive it and I work an hour away and may cause an accident.

- Goldsboro, NC, USA