2013 Buick Regal engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick Regal:

2013 Buick Regal Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Regal

Driving approximately 40 mph when the vehicle became resistant to acceleration attempts. The vehicle started to downshift independently despite the brake pedal not being depressed. Then I lost the power steering, the instrument panel started flickering. It then lost all power and left me stranded on the interstate, narrowly missing other cars. Within five minutes, the flashers and lights also went totally dead. Tried to restart the car again, but would not. Had to have it towed. The failure mileage was at 60,000 miles. Searching on the internet, discover a related problem of GM's recall campaign number is 13136 or NHTSA campaign number: 13V173000

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 132015

Regal

The contact owns a 2013 Buick Regal. While driving in a parking area to approach and enter a parking space at 5 mph, the contact's vehicle independently surged with a high rate of speed above 60 mph and crashed into another vehicle. The contact applied extreme force to the brake pedal for an extended period of time to try to stop the vehicle. The driver and front passenger sustained whiplash and minor bruising, but did not receive medical treatment. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a dealer who was unable to replicate and diagnose the condition of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a repair shop and the extensive body damages were repaired. The cause of the failure was unable to be determined. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 16,738.....updated 03-31-16

- Stratford, CT, USA

Mar 072015

Regal 4-cyl

On 3-7-15, upon leaving mcdonald's on 14 mile rd., in royal oak, mi. I approached the end of the driveway, stopped, waiting for traffic to clear. Starting to turn out of the driveway, I went to accelerate, the car did start to go, but suddenly, with no warning, the car would not accelerate. This occurred while I was now on the main road, with cars approaching, no acceleration. I glided into the driveway right next door, hardly made it safely. I tested the car in drive and reverse, and the car responded. I drove to the dealership, right lane, flashers on. They tested the car by computer coding "running lean". they determined this was the problem. I was called and told a loose cable and screw to the battery caused the problem. I asked and was told "running lean" had nothing to do with it. They said it coded previously "running lean". I never had warnings, or had no gas to the accelerator before. I have complained of a hesitancy when I go to accelerate from a stop. Test driving the car, nobody agreed with me, at somerset Buick or at sellers Buick. Told to me by somerset Buick, a problem has to occur 3 times before warning the driver. I said that could be "too late", and they could have a fatality on their hands. Imagine making a left turn in an intersection, starting to accelerate, and suddenly no gas to drive the car, in the middle of an intersection with cars coming" I pondered: The "3 time occurrence" before a warning? what reason not to warn a driver? how could there not be a warning to let a driver know that there is a cable and a screw loose causing no gas to the accelerator? I am haunted by what happened to all those people driving the GM cars that had the problems with the ignition. Will history repeat itself" I really believe this needs to be a recall situation to save lives.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA