8.7

$3,000.00

1. replace AWD unit (2 reports)
2002 Buick Rendezvous drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Rendezvous:

2002 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Jul 232010

Rendezvous CXL

We have had nothing but problems with the AWD on our 2002 Buick Rendezvous! When the problem first occurred the AWD Disable light would come on and along with that the anti-lock brake light would come on as well. This would be hit or miss and while it was on the anti-lock brakes would go crazy.

My husband took the car in and they replaced the whole bearing hub part where they told us the problem was coming from. That worked fine for about a year and we started having the same issue. When it first started happening it only seemed to happen in the summer when it was warmer out. I assumed that it was due to the part getting over-heated, but as of last winter in 2012 it started happening then and has now been continuous since then. When these lights come on the AWD no longer works and neither does the anti-lock brakes. I have since found out that this is a common problem with the 2002 Rendezvous. I cannot WAIT until I get rid of this car. It seems to have problem after problem.

- , Marion, IN, USA

Jun 282011

Rendezvous CXL V6

Previously had a whining noise in the rear end when making sharp turns,called local buick dealer and had special fluid replaced in rear end. $150.00 just for the quarts of special gm fluid it takes. Now approx 3,000 miles later the rear end is starting to whine when makes right or left sharp turns, what is up now? am going to report to a gm representative today !!!!

This should not be happening on a vehicle with only 77,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Kensington, OH, USA

Oct 012009

Rendezvous CXL

I have nothing but problems with this vehicle. Every American car I have own have given my nothing but problems. I suggest trying to replace the fluid first.

- , Palatka, FL, USA