NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2004 Buick Rendezvous brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Buick Rendezvous:

2004 Buick Rendezvous Owner Comments

Dec 062014

Rendezvous

Traveling on highway, roads were wet but not icy. Hit a wet spot on a curve. Slid slightly to the right and passenger tire dropped off pavement. Easily corrected back onto the road, but then the back hydroplaned and the vehicle rolled over and crashed, landing upside down in a culvert. Driver and front seat passenger transported to local hospital via squad. Vehicle totaled by insurance. None of the airbags deployed.

- New Lexington, OH, USA

Jul 192014

Rendezvous 6-cyl

This is the third time that this very scary and life threatening event has occurred. The first time this occurred in 2009 in Minnesota. I parked in a parking lot. The key was stuck in the ignition. This was replaced at a Buick dealership in rochester, mn viking Buick. The second time, in July 2013 on a major highway in Chicago going at approximately 10 mph going in slow moving traffic. The same event occurred for the third time on July 19,2014. The car stopped running while driving in 2013 and 2014. The engine turned off. The steering wheel did not move. I attempted to restart the car several times. The key did not move nor could it be retrieved. The battery light then turned on. After several minutes, I was able to restart the car by turning the ignition key. I was not aware that there were recalls on Buick Rendezvous 2004. I learned about these from listening to the news. I have called Buick in June 2014. I was told that based on my VIN, the car does not qualify for a recall and they refused to help me with evaluating the car. I have told them that the ignition system has been replaced in 2009. Buick tells me that they do not see this on their system. I have the receipts, payments and information from the Buick dealership that completed this as well as from the towing company that towed the car there.this event occurred again on July 19, 2014 while I was in a shopping mall parking. An additional event that I noticed this third time was that I could not even get out of the car as it remained unlocked. I have reviewed on your website that there have been several recalls related to these events and others for which I have not been notified by GM or Buick. I have had the car go through diagnostics several times throughout the years, but what has happened is not identified at the check ups.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA