NHTSA — Seats: Front Assembly: Seat Heater/Cooler Problems

0.9

1998 Buick Riviera accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Buick Riviera:

1998 Buick Riviera Owner Comments

Jan 202008

Riviera 6-cyl

I started my car, 98 Buick Riviera, and turned the seat heater on. I came back 5 minutes later and started driving my car to work. About 4 minutes after I left my house I started smelling smoke like something was burning but I was very near my work so I just kept going. At work when I stepped out of my car I noticed that there was a small fire on my seat and that my leather coat was burning. I put out the fire and discontinued the use of my seat heater.

- Mankato, MN, USA