1. bars head gasket seal (1 reports)
1994 Buick Skylark cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1994 Buick Skylark:

1994 Buick Skylark Owner Comments

Jan 162009

Skylark Ohc I4

Besides the clear coat which is crap, the head gasket blew and would spit coolant into the engine. It would overheat after about 5 minutes. I'm cheap so I went to Autozone and looked around for a solution and I purchased new oil, antifreeze and Bars Head Gasket Seal. I changed the oil and flushed the cooling system. The Bars Seal says to only use half of the bottle, well I put in the whole thing. I changed the oil, added the head gasket seal to the radiator, and topped off the radiator with coolant. I let it idle for about 30 minutes. And by god, I haven't had head gasket problems for 45,000 miles. I just did it again recently because I got a deer antler in my radiator. I drive this old crappy car 100 miles a day and get around 27-28mpg on average. I drive it over some steep hills. Its been a pretty dependable car besides that.

- , Unionville, IN, USA