8.3

2013 Buick Verano engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Buick Verano:

2013 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Aug 192013

Verano 4-cyl

I was parking my Verano in a flat parking space (no hills) on dry pavement. I was in the space, I took my foot off the accelerator and stepped on the brake to put it in park, but before I could get it in park, the engine revved up, and the car torpedoed like a rocket (very fast) over the parking barrier into a three or four foot drainage ditch, which stopped the car from shooting across on-coming traffic in the street. As the car jumped across the parking barrier, I tried to brake and the car still would not stop. The car ended up face first in the ditch with damage to the front end. I have had the dealer examine the car, but they found nothing wrong. I also made a claim to GM and they are investigating the situation. So far, I've been researching a found a blog on edmonds.com about two other people with the same problem of sudden acceleration without warning. One of the people has contacted me and they said it went through a wall in a neighbors house, they got the car repaired, and then it happened again!!! I am afraid to drive the car even if the car gets repaired. Hopefully the problem will be found before someone gets seriously injured or killed. Now that this has happened, my husband and I are wondering if the experiences of bursts of acceleration on the highway every so often (not all the time) are related to the accident I had. We just figured that it was the turbo kicking in"??"

- Saint Louis, MO, USA