2014 Buick Verano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Buick Verano:

2014 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Jan 202016

I own a 2014 Buick Verano. I purchased this car in May 2015. I noticed an issue with it's breaking system on 1/20/2016. I was sitting at a stop light, applying the brakes with moderate pressure. Because it had been snowing earlier in the day, I suppose I was pressing down harder than normal. As I was sitting there, I noticed the brake pedal slowly moving to the floor. I pulled off the road and repeated the operation in a parking lot. Indeed, sitting still, with the car in park, the brake pedal continues to slowly move to a completely depressed position, resting on the floor. I scheduled an appointment with the dealership for 2/22/2016. The service manager told me that this was a known issue and was due to either the anti-lock braking system activation (while sitting motionless?), or the brake booster slowly losing vacuum (which would make the pedal rise from the floor instead of going towards it). The dealer said 'they checked out the brake system', (something I don't fully believe), and the braking system was completely normal. I insisted that the dealer bring another vehicle into the shop, and they complied. The newer Verano did exactly the same thing. I have not had an accident with this car, but I believe the design of the braking system is flawed. At an earlier point in my life, I did a considerable amount of maintenance to the vehicles I owned. I have never considered the situation with the Buick Verano brakes to be a normal condition. I ask that your engineers take a look at this situation and determine if it is safe, or not. I certainly do not feel safe.

- Norwood, OH, USA