2014 Buick Verano electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Buick Verano:

2014 Buick Verano Owner Comments

Jan 022016

I was driving on the highway on January 2 at 218 afternoon goin 70-74 miles an hour. And the car turn off I put my foot to the floor not sure if the cruise turned off car was off I lucky was able too pull over safely I turned the car back on I call the onstar operated and the ran du agonists and found nothing. Which I find unbelievable I am going to subordinate Buick on Monday 1-4-2026 in taylor Michigan.

- Taylor, MI, USA

Sep 192015

Car will not start. Battery totally dead. Could not even get the key out of the ignition. Aaa came and jumped battery, found no cause or reason for the problem. Car is used every day; this problem was found in the morning after sitting in the garage all night. No sign of anything left on or anything causing the dead battery. Battery took charge and car perform well during the day (today).. this has been reported by others on this model and also on 2012 and 2013 Verano models.

- Tulsa, SC, USA

May 262015

Car would not start. Battery totally dead. Could not even get the key out of the ignition. Aaa came and jumped battery, found no cause or reason for the problem. Car is used every day; this problem was found in the morning after sitting in the garage all night. No sign of anything left on or anything causing the dead battery. Battery took charge and car perform well until 09/19/2015 when the same thing happened again. Dealer says no cause found or known. This has been reported by others on this model and also on 2012 and 2013 models.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 082015

My wife and I were travelling South on I-95 in philadelphia in our 2014 Verano T w/keyless ignition. I was driving, and reached up with my right hand to adjust the center left vent. After adjusting the vent, I noticed that the A/C had turned off, and that the tachometer had fallen to zero. I then realized that I must have brushed against the start/off button (located next to the vent) and inadvertently turned the engine wife (who drives the car more than myself) had previously related to me that she had accidentally shut the car off twice before on neighborhood streets, so I quickly asked her how she had managed to start the car again. She said that she had to pull over, put it in park, and push the start button. Well, since we were doing about 60 on I-95 in heavy traffic and in an area without shoulders on either side, this was going to be no mean trick and possibly suicidal. I tried to start the car by putting it into neutral and pressing the start button, but this only resulted in the gauge needles sweeping from left to right and the car did not restart. With no viable alternative, I put the flashers on and managed to maneuver through the traffic to the far right lane.saying a prayer, I then brought the car to a stop in the speeding traffic, put it in park, and restarted it. It was truly a miracle that we weren't rear-ended during this ordeal. When our breathing had returned to normal, I asked my wife to check the owner's manual (which I had read) for any procedure to restart the car under the circumstances that we had just experienced and she reported that there was none.between the two of us we have 92 years of driving experience and I consider myself an enthusiast. Our opinion is that the start/off button is in a bad place, unprotected, too sensitive, and that touching it accidentally causes unwanted engine shut down with inadequate warning to the driver.

- Philadelpia, PA, USA

Dec 222014

Verano 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Buick Verano. The contact stated that when driving at various speeds, the forward collision sensor failed to work sporadically. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer stated that the vehicle was working up to specifications. The failure mileage was 3,800. Updated 4/15/15

- Monrovia, CA, USA

Sep 162014

While driving at approx 70 mph my knee bumped the key/ignition and the car turned off. I believe the key actually turned in the ignition. This appears to be the result of the combination of the location of the ignition switch, the design of the key fob and the key chain and tag that the rental car company uses. I was driving on the interstate in moderately heavy traffic. I had the cruise control engaged so my foot was not pressing the accelerator. I had the sole of my shoe flat on the floor and my knee bent. I was approximately 3 hours into a long trip and idly shifted my position. Somehow the key chain, fob, 2nd key and tag had aligned in such a way that my knee was able to bump them and apply rotational leverage in such a way as to turn the key from on to off. Fortunately, I was in the left lane on a relatively flat/straight section of interstate and there was a wide paved shoulder. I put on my flashers, moved onto the shoulder and was able to steer and brake well enough to stop the car safely. I was then able to restart the car and continue. I have pictures available of the key fob/chain arrangement.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Jul 172014

Verano 4-cyl

This is second incident of same failure; of car stopping running while driving on freeway. ( ODI#10606705) the location and ease of turning the car off while in motion is very unsafe. I was going approximately 73 mph when I reached up to redirect the left center air vent away from me. In turning the wheel for control of air speed undoubtedly my knuckle grazed the on/off starter button and the car odometer took an immediate drop to zero. As I stated before you cannot put the car in park or neutral, step on the brake pedal and restart the car at interstate speed. I reenacted this in my neighborhood at slow speed and the same thing happens. The on/off button should not be in a group with all the other buttons, it should be placed off to the side and separated from them by a section of dashboard material. This is a very shocking experience and one that is totally unexpected! I can see what could occur if a person were in heavy traffic and could not get out of the way of semi's etc. Please let Buick know about this defect !!!!!

- Eagan, MN, USA

Jun 122014

Verano 4-cyl

Driving on the freeway, I inadvertently lightly brushed across the engine start stop button while reaching to touch something on the navigation screen. The car immediately turned off. Luckily it was not rush hour and I had two of my grandkids with me, from the lane to the right of fast lane I was able to maneuver the car off an exit and coast up to the top of the ramp, pulled over not knowing if I would need a tow of my brand new car or what. There were 4 lanes of traffic and I had no control of cars coming at me from the rear. The steering and brakes did not lock up. You cannot very well put the car in neutral and step on the brake at that speed to restart the car, as I was told that I should have done. There should be some sort od safety cover over the button or more pressure should be needed to start or stop. I reenacted the incident in my neighborhood parking lot and it is very easy to stop the car in motion, you still cannot start it without stepping on the brake. I notified my dealer and they said I should notify you.

- Eagan, MN, USA

Mar 202014

Verano 4-cyl

When vehicle is in drive mode and moving, one may want to utilize the "favorite radio station" button. The "start/stop engine" button is located directly above the "# 1 "favorite radio station button".and directly below the "favorite radio station" image on the touch screen.when depressing the "#I favorite radio station" button it is easy to accidentally touch the "start/stop engine button.this same result can occur when trying to utilize the image of the "#1 favorite radio station" image on the touch screen. When the engine stops while the car is in drive and moving, the "driver information center" displays a "put engine in park to start" message. The transmission can only be put in park when the car is stopped. This could present an extremely dangerous situation on the highway!!

- Natrona Heights, PA, USA