2014 Cadillac ATS accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Cadillac ATS:

2014 Cadillac ATS Owner Comments

Oct 152015

Stated recall was to "repair" the automatic shut off of the rear window defogger/defroster. It was supposedly resolved by deactivating the shut off mechanism. Supposedly, if the automatic shut-off did not activate, the contacts could fail and there could be a fire. My concern is what happens now if I forget to shut off the defroster/defogger. In the manual it says the system was timed for a set time, then would shut off. Then the automatic control supposedly would turn the defroster/defogger back on but for a shorter interval. To me that means, the time factor is important and probably was there to prevent a fire. My contact with GM's service center had a number of requests in priority order. Those further down my list were wild ideas to put my mind totally at rest about driving such a car. None of my requests were granted. Below are in priority order what I requested. !. persons who brought in the car for the recall should be reminded that the system was no longer automatic and they should be mindful of the need to shut off the system. 2. a card or memory stimulating decal be provided to serve as a reminder to shut off the "automatic system". 3. that GM provide assurances to owners that this work around system was an effective way or resolving the problem and not cause a potential fire. Now my selfish requests. 4. GM guarantee me that if a fire did occur as a result of this issue they would cover all repairs. 5. most selfish: GM allow me to opt out of my lease so I didn't have to worry about the whole issue. (I know that would never happen, but I thought it would exert some pressure to get the top ones done at least

- Washington Township, MI, USA

Jul 072014

The contact owns a 2014 Cadillac Ats. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V558000 (visibility) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Long Beach, NY, USA