2. repair corroded, leaking brake lines (1 reports)
2004 Cadillac CTS brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Cadillac CTS:

2004 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Apr 252016

CTS V8

My daughter has been telling me her brakes just suddenly stopped working a couple of times. I asked her to take me for a drive so we could see if it would do it and OMG sure enough it did it. It was terrifying. When turning at a slow rate of speed out of a parking lot and approaching a red light on a very busy highway her brakes just didn't work they made a slight stuttering type noise. Then the word brake appeared on her dash as well as a warning sound. She quickly used the emergency brake and luckily due to the low rate of speed we stopped before ending up right in the middle of this highway against a red light. Reading through these blogs there is something clearly going wrong with the braking systems on these Cadillac and something needs to be done before someone gets killed. I had no idea how serious the issue was until I saw it with my own two eyes. I told her to park the car and she is not to drive it until we get it into the shop when her dad gets home. This is really scary and someone could end up killed.

- , Victorville, USA

Feb 152016

CTS 3.2L V6

Went to hit the brakes and the pedal hit the floor. Got the car home and found a fairly large leak in the brake line due to corrosion. Come to find out there was a recall issued on this and that apparently had already been preformed. Called Cadillac to ask if a recall part fails, would they replace it again. Apparently they only warrant the part for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. Not really sure how this is legal since the problem is not fixed, just delayed long enough to make sure your parts are out of warranty. This is my first Cadillac and I'm finding out quick that I paid for a name, not a quality vehicle.

- , Colona, IL, USA