2005 Cadillac CTS seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Cadillac CTS:

2005 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Jun 212010

CTS 6-cyl

My us navy son was driving my 2005 Cadillac Cts when he was struck in the rear by a negligent driver. The crash was so severe, he was forced into 3 more cars-totaling my car. All safety features failed - including all airbags and the seat belt. My son was spared, but he did suffer injuries. I have spent countless hours attempting resolve with GM for some answers - all to no avail. They spent several hours with my vehicle, yet passed it over to their 3rd party insurance company - who in turn took zero accountability and had the nerve to put it all back on us (preserving the car and providing more documentation). What more documentation do you need? you saw the failed seat belt, you saw my sons injuries and you witnessed all failures with the airbags. I have now retained an attorney; and I filed a formal complaint with the consumer product safety administration. I am so grateful for your recent breaking news and the ongoing investigation, involving the Cadillac Cts models. I feel strongly that this is not an isolated incident / defect - I have plenty of back up to assist with your investigation, including eye witness accounts, photography and my attempts for resolve this matter with General Motors. Please, please do not close out your investigation as being a front passenger airbag issue only. You could be saving many lives from the hardships my family have had to endure with this obvious safety issue. Updated IVOQ 02/09/11

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Jun 212010

The contact owned a 2005 Cadillac Cts. The contact was sitting idle at a traffic stop when a vehicle crashed into his rear. The contact's vehicle was pushed into three additional vehicles and the seat belt did not restrain the contact. The air bags did not deploy. The contact was injured when her head struck the steering wheel. A police report was available. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure and current mileage was 112,000.

- Pasadena, MD, USA