2006 Cadillac CTS accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac CTS:

2006 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments

Jun 202015

I took my wife to get a hair cut on Saturday Jun 20th; when she was done a couple hours later we returned to the car and notice it was filled with smoke. I didn't see any fire but could smell something was melting, I unplugged the battery figuring that it may be electrical related. I opened all the doors to let the smoke out once the smoked cleared I plugged the battery back in and drove it to murdocks Chevy dealership to have the mechanics take a look. They found that the motor that controls the forward movement on the passenger seat had failed or shorted and melted. I am not sure if the mechanic reported the incident so I am filling out this form...updated 08/31/15

- Manhattan, KS, USA