2006 Cadillac CTS seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Cadillac CTS:

2006 Cadillac CTS Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 012010

CTS

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Cts. The contact noticed that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The dealer advised the contact to bring the vehicle in for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not aware of the problem and advised the contact to take the vehicle to a local dealer for diagnosis. The current mileage was 64,000 and the failure mileage was 49,000.

- Fulton, MS, USA

Mar 142011

CTS 6-cyl

Air bag recall by GM in December. I call the Cadillac customer service enquiring about the recall for the passenger seat airbag for certain Cts from 2005-2010 to find out that I have not received any notice and my passenger or airbag system is still disabled since I reported it to GM in 2010 and for them to tell me if my Cts was included. The Cadillac customer service looked in the computer with my VIN number and she could not find anything. I asked which Cts from 2006 and other years was recall and she did not find anything. She asked me to call in two months and see if my car is included. I can not understand if a recall was announce in December 2010, why it would take so long for GM- Cadillac to determine which specific Cts is involve in this recall unless the longer they wait, it will disqualify more owners if they use a mileage limit on the recall. The longer they wait the more mileage owners put in their Cts thus increasing the amount of Cts that they have to fix by disqualifying owners according to mileage. This is a serious safety issue hat should not take 4 months or more to notify owners or determine which Cts is to be recall. The nsta should push for GM and all manufacturers to have a certain date which they have to notify owners to have the safety problem fixed. Any day that passes by it increases the likelihood of a Cadillac owner or persons getting seriously hurt because of a manufacturers delaying or slow to react tactics. Your help from NHTSA in this matter will be appreciated.

- Westbrookville, NY, USA

Mar 042009

CTS

I have a Cadillac Cts 2006 and my air bag light came on. I took the car to the Cadillac dealer for diagnosis and they found that the front sensor control module needs to be replaced. I contacted my extended warranty company and they explained that it was not covered under my policy. I paid a $100 diagnosis fee but did not get the vehicle repaired because it was over $500. Several months later I took the car in for routine maintanence and again had the look at the airbag light, again not repaired. I them read on this site the GM had recalled this model for the exact problems I was having. I called GM motors because the same sensor is recalled for Cadillac Cts models 2005-2006 and the campaign id # is 10V644000, however GM told me that my last diagnosis was too old so I had to pay again $100 diagnostic fee to send to GM although I and the dealer knew what was wrong. GM the refused to honor the recall. They stated that the recall was VIN specific and my VIN was not included in the recalled vehicles. The NHTSA campaign id number :10V644000 that stats: "non-deployment of the front passenger air bag in the event of a crash necessitating that air bags deployment may reduce protection of the passenger and increase the risk or severity of injury to them... dealers will replace the passenger sensing system free of charge..GM safety recall no. 100355" I went forward and repaired it this time as I have paid 3 $100 diagnostic fees. This is a way that GM is attempting to rip customers off. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

- Evans, GA, USA

Feb 062011

CTS 6-cyl

I have a Cadillac Cts 2006 and my air bag light came on for no reason. I took the car to the Cadillac dealer for diagnosis and they found out that the front sensor control module needs to be replaced. I called GM motors, because I found out the same sensor is recalled for Cadillac Cts models 2005-2006 and the campaign id # is 10V644000, however GM told me that my car is too old to honor the recall and they refuse to replace it. Here is the NHTSA campaign id number :10V644000 that stats: "non-deployment of the front passenger air bag in the event of a crash necessitating that air bag's deployment may reduce protection of the passenger and increase the risk or severity of injury to them... dealers will replace the passenger sensing system free of charge..GM safety recall no. 100355" I am not sure why my car is too old for them and not qualifying for the recall since is the exact year for the recall 2006, the exact model - Cts, with the exact problem description for the recall. Please help and thank you for your time.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 052011

CTS 6-cyl

Air bag servcie required indicator light came on. Passenger seat air bag sensor does not activate. Air bag seat sensor module has failed.. GM acknowledges problem with vehicle year model but refuses to repair veshicle.

- Smithville, GA, USA

Nov 212010

CTS 6-cyl

2006 Cadillac air bag service message and light came on 4 months ago. Saw recall for 2006 Cadillac for issue with air bag. Called Cadillac said it is VIN specific and my vehicle is not included in the recall.

- Manchester, MD, USA

Oct 022010

CTS

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel on a consistent basis. The vehicle was inspected by an independent mechanic who informed the contact that the sensor control module for the passenger seat needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 47,000. Updated 3/8/11 updated 05/23/11

- Middle Island, NY, USA

Jan 132009

CTS

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Cts. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds she noticed that the rear end of the vehicle would seem like it's slipping. She also noticed that the air bag warning light has appeared on the instrumental panel for the past two years. The vehicle has not been inspected by a dealer nor has the vehicle been repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 60,000.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Feb 012010

CTS

2006 Cadillac Cts "service air bag" light on months after a crash. Air bags did not deploy during crash.

- Perry, FL, USA

Nov 082010

CTS 6-cyl

2006 Cadillac Cts "service air bag" light is on. I took it to the dealer who stated the sensor needs to be replaced. The car is out of the warranty and the extended warranty doesn't cover this. The cost is $754. This is ludicrous as the air bags have never been used.

- Evans, CO, USA

Jun 012009

CTS

Passenger air bag restraint system no longer operating. "check airbag" light remains on. 2006 Cadillac Cts.

- Evans, GA, USA

May 102010

CTS

Passenger air bag restraint system no longer operating prior to reaching 40,000 miles. "check airbag" light remains on. 2006 Cadillac Cts.

- Austin, TX, USA

Mar 032009

CTS

I had a 2006 Cadillac Cts. The air bag light came on three times in the first 18 months, it was a brand new car. I took it to dealer service dept, and they said they reset or fixed the problem. I had a car wreck a few months later following an ambulance with my daughter who was having chest pains. Someone started to come over in my lane and I swerved. Lost control and hit a bridge 4 times. Almost every panal was hit on my car as the bridge threw my car around. Not one air bag deployed. I was shaken up and sore, but not bleeding, so assumed I was okay. Now I am having back and neck problems and headaches. I have since learned that other Cts's had same problem but have not heard anything in news. I believe there should have been a recall. Why is the media not picked up on this like it is Toyota and Honda. Even though my crash did not result in death. I will have to live with pain and medicine and doctor visits. They should have looked into and fixed, when I had to keep bringing my car back.

- Trussville, AL, USA

Nov 132009

CTS

Air bag light on. I call Cadillac and they advised me to take it immediately to the dealer. I ask the representative if they have received complaints on the same problem and he said a few. I asked him if its under warranty and he said that he will forward it to the warranty person who will handle my case. However, they will need a report from the dealer on the problem and if the dealer finds the part defective they will replace it at no cost to me. He connected me to the healey brothers the nearest dealer to my home. I made the appointment and before I made the appointment the dealer representative tried to informed me that if the car was not in a crash the part may be defective. The GM representative was still on the line and immediately cut off the dealer and stated you are to check the car and get back to me and we will handle it from there. I made the appointment & took the car on November 17, 2009. I had to pay the dealer for the diagnosis of $113.29. They inspected the car in and out for any crash damage and they found none and commented on how well I take care of the car. They a computer checked and found failure code set B0092 for circuit malfunction traced to failure within the seat and must replace module to enable airbag system to work/operate. They GM customer assistance case # 71-776491182 and advice of repair needed and cost of $920.93 and it did not include the $113 that I paid for. I received a call a day later and the GM representative told me that the cars warranty expired however, they will offer me a resolution to me by reducing some of the labor repair and a maintenance package if I agree to absorb the rest of the cost. I explain that I should not absorb any cost. He stated let me speak to my boss and ill get back to you and ill call you back with a decision. I did not get a return call. I left a message to the GM representative justin pepper and have not received return calls since.

- Westbrookville, NY, USA

Dec 202009

CTS

2006 Cadillac Cts passenger side air bag sensor. Original problem was the service air bag light came on the dash approximate mileage 68700. Took the car in for service and came back as passenger side module had failed. ( safety warning air bag would not deploy for any reason.) had senor module replaced at cost of $ $596.18 in reviewing the log this model year has had a number of this type of occurrence. What is needed to have a recall for this problem" how many air bags are disconnected due to cost of repair " if a 3 year old car has a major safety component (air bag ) not working. What can be deemed when the majority of the cars reach 5 years? seat belts and air bags are for the passengers safety. This is a family car.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 052009

CTS

Airbag deployment sensor in my 2006 Cadillac Cts is non-functional. Vehicle has approximately 75,000 miles and is out of warranty. Dealer (david taylor Cadillac, houston, tx) has advised that the airbags will not function unless the sensor is replaced, at a cost of $625 this is a serious safety issue for a 3 year old vehicle. GM will not repair without cost.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

May 232006

CTS

I owned a 2006 Cadillac Cts and while driving down the highway a couple deer jump in front of me I tried to swerve but my tire hit a soft spot in the dirt a jacknifed and flipped three time and none of the 8 airbags went off.

- St Paul, MN, USA

Oct 092007

CTS 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Cadillac Cts. While driving 20 mph, the vehicle began driving roughly. When the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle would rev as if it were attempting to accelerate. On October 9, 2007, while backing out of a parking space with her foot on the brake pedal, the vehicle lunged forward and made a loud noise. The vehicle crashed into a tree. The brakes did not work and the steering wheel would not turn. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle sustained front end damage, including the two front tires. The contact has pictures. The contact sustained a concussion, has headaches and dizzy spells, 50% hearing loss, and cracked two front teeth. A police report was filed. The vehicle was repaired, but still rides roughly. NHTSA campaign id number 07V589000 (suspension: Rear axle: Spindle) was referenced. The powertrain was unknown. The current mileage was 5,623 and failure mileage was 5,548.

- Merced, CA, USA

Oct 232006

CTS 6-cyl

My new Cadillac Cts (purchased in 3/06) was T-boned. No air bags deployed...I have been experiencing major back and leg pains of which the doctor said could be related to failure of air bag to deploy. My car was fixed by a local Cadillac dealership and they have failed repeatedly to answer our concerns. We contacted Cadillac and have had no ones attention.

- Friendswood, TX, USA